NFP: Question About NFP Splash Screen/Menu/Version

Lost Soul 1

Chieftain
I just bought NFP and downloaded from Steam.

A couple of questions, because it seems a bit odd (adding/installing this DLC pack vs. Gathering Storm or Rise & Fall):

(a) Does NFP use the same "splash screen" (menu) as Gathering Storm (mine is the same, although I see different/new leaders under the "Hall of Fame" screen, yet the selection choice still indicates "Expansion: Gathering Storm" as the DLC pack...and not "New Frontier Pass")?

(b) Is the Civ6 version # supposed to change when NFP is installed (I already have R&F and Gathering Storm installed)? My main menu (splash screen) still indicates "1.0.12.9 (564030)" as the running version number.

Just wanted to check that everything is fine before I start a new game (probably with a new NFP leader) and experience a crash due to a bad install.

My version also has the GS screen and version number you list, so it should be fine.

(a) Does NFP use the same "splash screen" (menu) as Gathering Storm (mine is the same, although I see different/new leaders under the "Hall of Fame" screen, yet the selection choice still indicates "Expansion: Gathering Storm" as the DLC pack...and not "New Frontier Pass")?
NFP isn't an expansion in the sense of a single cohesive pack. It's more of a collection of loosely related DLCs some of which require either the R&F or GS expansions to the base game to work. The DLCs themselves could be purchased up front in total or à la carte.
(b) Is the Civ6 version # supposed to change when NFP is installed (I already have R&F and Gathering Storm installed)? My main menu (splash screen) still indicates "1.0.12.9 (564030)" as the running version number.
The game version # refers to the base game and indicates updates to the game core/dll/database. Regardless of what expansions or DLC you may have, FXS still pushes updates to the base game and is not necessarily a reflection of the content that may become available at the same time. 1.0.12.9 was the last update in April '21, so your installation is up-to-date. For more info on the version history see the link in my sig. :)

Thanks to both of you for your responses and info. Seems like my install went smoothly then.

Top Bottom