No Aluminum from pre-improved City State tile

CivJunkie68

Chieftain
I have confirmed superliminal's problem: There is a bug city states not granting aluminium if the tile already had a mine on it. Paying them to improve a tile works if it was unimproved or the tile had any other improvement already on it. After researching I found this problem may be the same for coal.

I've noticed that city-state allies don't seem to be giving me their strategic resources. I check to make sure they were developed and even paid to have the improvement a couple times, but I receive zip. I still receive luxury resources, and all of the other ally bonuses.

Is there some new mechanic at the root of this? Or is it some sort of bug? Has anybody else noticed this?

Edit: The problem seems to be city states that have pre-existing mines on newly available resources. When this happens they won't gift the strategic resource. You can't pay to "re-improve" the land, and it seems to lock off that strategic resource for the rest of the game. Is this a widespread phenomenon? Has it been noted as a bug?

Please see above thread:

Game Save:
View attachment Dido_0914 AD-1888-January.zip

Okay, ready for this (it's a strange one). Under the hood, it's working correctly, but the UI is failing to give the player the feedback they need.

Even though the player has the tech to see and recognize the Aluminum, the City-State has not yet tech'd up to Electricity to be able to "hook it up". We can see this by looking at the AI log, but this information is not front-facing in any way unfortunately.

Thanks for catching this, we'll look to make this apparent to the player.

Excellent!!! Yes you are correct - the Aluminum dropped in later.

Thanks - I'm looking forward to the fix.

:goodjob:

PS - Did you notice how almost all the city states only have Gems as their luxury resource and none of the 17 left is militaristic? Maybe just an odd fluke?

Is this topic still paid attention? Because the "bug" is still not fixed. We can't see, in what era the city states are and we don't know when to get the resources.

@dshirk: Is there any hope we can get this information?

Top Bottom