No animals

Caradoc

Emperor
I just did a fresh BTS install plus 3.13 and now I am not getting any animals, no matter what map program I use.

Strange. I'm still seeing animals with 3.13, so I don't think it's the patch can be blamed for this one. Are you running any mods?

No mods. Nothing fancy, just default settings. Installed FFH.25 but did not load it. When I installed BTH it did an update to Civ4, but I'm pretty sure it was already fully patched. Maybe I should start over from ground up.

Does BTS depend on any of the original Civ4 (or Warlords) files for its settings? I can see it is loading maps out of my original Public Maps folder. However, I have the same problem with BTS maps (like Arborial).

I can second this problem. Prior to 3.13, anamals were everywhere. I just started a game and 40 turns in I have yet to see any critters.

I'm not seeing any animals at the start of the game, but a very few will spawn as time goes on. On a large map, after 40 years, I have seen a couple of Lions and few Elephants, but no Wolves or Bears at all.

Map scripts that used to place animals at the start no longer do so. However, there are the usual number of Barbarians, including Barbarian cities when that option is chosen.

As far as I can tell, there were no functional changes to the code to generate Barbarian units, either animals or normal types. From the sounds of it, tho', you are using a mod script to generate them (there are no Elephants in the default game), so perhaps that's what's causing the problem?

Bh

The Elephants are in FFH, I should have mentioned. But there are hardly any animals in plain BTS. My best guess is that the map scripts I have been using are turning off normal spawning, planning to place the animals using an event that is supposed to run prior to the players first turn. And the event is not working right. I'm guessing that the slow spawn rate I saw on the standard map may have been due to the land mass size on Archipelago, which is what I used.

Top Bottom