No cursor/pointer

kochevnik

Chieftain
I am trying to upgrade to a new computer from my old Vista machine. My new machine started out with Windows 8/8.1 and I have upgraded to 10. I downloaded Steam and Civ V (vanilla) onto the new machine, but when I start the game, I get no pointer from my mouse. My machine doesn't have a touch screen, so it makes gameplay almost impossible. I can get the buttons to light up by moving the mouse around so I was actually able to start a game, but it took me almost 5 minutes to instruct my settlers to found my capitol.
The pointer is present everywhere else, including the rest of my games in Steam.
Very frustrating, and confusing.

Further analysis reveals this is not a game issue.
Microsoft, for some reason, did a complete re-issue of Windows 10, and for a while I had my pointer back. Then it disappeared again, so I restarted my computer. Nothing until I opened one of the other games I have in Steam. It worked fine. I went back to Civ 5 and had my pointer back. So now I open the other game first then exit and go to Civ and everything works fine. So far that has fixed the issue.
Sorry I bored everybody with my first post.:crazyeye:

You're not bothering anyone ;) Glad you fix it. :)

Btw, I suggest you to use Windows 8.1 if you don't have any reason to use Windows 10. Because W10 isn't compatible with most of games. Just wait little bit more before getting Windows 10.

Of course, this is my opinion, you are free to use whatever you want. :)

Regards.

Top Bottom