No demo yet?

is the demo a worldwide release? can i play that today or do i have to wait for the 24th?

Its worldwide. My download link is on the right hand side of the Main Civ5 page. Over 4 gig though so I'm skipping it...

I'm downloading it now :D

Estimated time is fluctuating a LOT though, random times between 20mins & a couple of hours every few seconds.

4gb? isnt that about the same size as the full game?

Who knows, maybe they gave us the real deal by accident. In my dreams!

When i started the download it told me my estimated download time is 4 hours. Damn rain keeps interfering with my net speed and i bet steam is being pwned by thousands of downloaders. Maybe tens of thousands. Who am i kidding, with a game like Civilization V it must be millions:lol:.

Btw where can i view my estimated time while i am downloading? Can`t see it anywhere?

(SteamNoob123)

Btw where can i view my estimated time while i am downloading? Can`t see it anywhere?

(SteamNoob123)

Go to your Library then downloads, then :mad: when you see the "play" button next to ciV.

So... i'm in Europe, i preordered and downloaded the game...

and the Demo doesn't work for me.

Does that mean, if i had not preordered, i could be playing the demo now, but since i did preorder, i have to wait until friday?? :mad:

No, it means that the Steam servers are overloaded (Tried to install another game, gave me an error that they were too busy). I clicked like mad for about ten minutes on the download button until it asked me to install and it's DL'ing at 3,2 MB/s :D

Playing the demo now. Liking the hex tiles. Need to figure out how to get more info from the UI.

I'm downloading right now.
Looks like I already had an old steam account I created for the Dawn of War 2 beta and didn't use since and forgot about.
But 4 GB, what the hell ? With my shabby 2 mbit connection it'll take almost 2 hours.
Now at 16%...

I can't seem to find the demo in steam, but the cmd that #2 posted worked. Downloading pretty fast here at about 3 mb/s, should be done in 5 mins.

Well I have been downloading the demo for over two hours and got to 72%. Still somewhat under one hour to go and I can play it.

still an hour left for the demo -_-

Top Bottom