No One in Lobby

MacUserCivFan

Chieftain
I am not using a mac, I am using a windows machine. Anyway, it used to be there were lots of players and this forum still seems reasonably active. But I noticed last night when I tried to play multiplayer (Civ 5) that no one was around, and that multiple clicks of the refresh button brought up to rooms that would flash up and then gone. But then sat on the screen after more fast clicks.

Today similar issues but I made a room and waited and got 3 people; however, all said they had issues seeing rooms and there seemed to be no one around. And one said they had an issue connecting to other rooms in the multiplayer lobby. It appears that people cannot see rooms that exist in the multiplayer lobby. Is this a common experience currently? How long has this been happening? Is anyone not experiencing this in Civilization 5?

Last I played 2-3 weeks ago, and have been for years, it was perfect and the multiplayer lobby was plentiful with people. I even played a full multiplayer game to atomic warfare and victory. So it isn't something I have seen before and it seems to be a common problem that all are seeing. What is happening?

It's a steam issue I think, though I'm not sure the specific problem. Everybody has it though, not just you, so the multiplayer community is behind you in outrage.
The easiest way to get around it is direct invites with random friends. PM me, and any other multiplayer players on the forum, to network a bit.

Moderator Action: Moved to Multiplayer

The problem has returned. Is there an explanation for the last lobby issues? Either way, no one can see rooms again. 4/12/16

Top Bottom