NO SETTLERS AT START!!!(or later) WTF?!

Hi all.

I have run into a massive problem in Civ VI. It seems I am unable to build settlers regardless of which team I choose or the difficulty. I have made some minor modifications to units, such as their cost, move speed and attack range. I also removed the population cost on all units (in the units file located in the Gameplay folder of the Civi VI directory). I've made only a few changes to settlers, theyre listed below.
From
<Row UnitType="UNIT_SETTLER" BaseMoves="2" Cost="80" AdvisorType="ADVISOR_GENERIC" BaseSightRange="3" ZoneOfControl="false" Domain="DOMAIN_LAND" FormationClass="FORMATION_CLASS_CIVILIAN" FoundCity="true" PopulationCost="1" PrereqPopulation="2" Name="LOC_UNIT_SETTLER_NAME" Description="LOC_UNIT_SETTLER_DESCRIPTION" CanCapture="False" CostProgressionModel="COST_PROGRESSION_PREVIOUS_COPIES" CostProgressionParam1="20" PurchaseYield="YIELD_GOLD" PseudoYieldType="PSEUDOYIELD_UNIT_SETTLER"/>

to

<Row UnitType="UNIT_SETTLER" BaseMoves="4" Cost="20" AdvisorType="ADVISOR_GENERIC" BaseSightRange="5" ZoneOfControl="false" Domain="DOMAIN_LAND" FormationClass="FORMATION_CLASS_CIVILIAN" FoundCity="true" PopulationCost="0" PrereqPopulation="2" Name="LOC_UNIT_SETTLER_NAME" Description="LOC_UNIT_SETTLER_DESCRIPTION" CanCapture="False" CostProgressionModel="COST_PROGRESSION_PREVIOUS_COPIES" "20" PurchaseYield="YIELD_GOLD" PseudoYieldType="PSEUDOYIELD_UNIT_SETTLER"/>

I've tried making changes to the Eras file located in the gameplay dir. but have had no luck. The only work around I know of is to make other units be able to settle cities but that doesnt fix the issue of the AI not being able to produce settlers. Any help on this would be insanely appreciated. I'd love to be able to play the game without having to alter how it works too much.

Ive uploaded the files I have made changes to which relate to units (in particular settlers)

Attachments

• Changes(Cuvvi).txt
    17.2 KB · Views: 314
  • Eras.xml
    19.1 KB · Views: 100
  • Units.xml
    80.9 KB · Views: 97
This is not the forum to get help with modified game files. You should ask these questions in the Creation & Customization forum.

Top Bottom