1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

no settlers

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by chef pablo, May 2, 2006.

1. chef pablo

chef pablo Warlord

here is my idea,dont know if it could be a mod but if anybody has an idea to make it work.you start with one city and as you grow unhappy population would just split off and start thier own city,having the same techs and every thing. you could either conquere or culture them into the empire:mischief:

2. salty mud

salty mud Deity

??? How do you expand then?

3. ew0054

ew0054 Troll Extraordinaire

Like a one city challenge perhaps? I think there's an option for that

4. chef pablo

chef pablo Warlord

you dont .think of it this way,troy was a greek city but it wasnt run by a greek king it had its own leadership,it was a city state not till alex did it come under one rule
    i guess i need to revise this if you have only played civ iv you wouldnt get this but what i had in mind was a more organic way to populate the world in the other civs if you werent running your city right you had population pissed at you and refused to work,so my thought was they should split from the city and astablish a new city even though they were the same nationality inthe early history this is what happened and how greece and the other mesopotanian civs were mostly city state.not untill representation ie.the republic was established that this changed

5. chef pablo

chef pablo Warlord

this is why i dont know if it could be made into a mod any ideas?

6. chef pablo

chef pablo Warlord

I know this is an old post but something occured to me ,has there ever been a point in history when a king said hey I rather like this representation thing lets implement that ,obslolve my rule and let the people decide their fate.
    here is my thought along with the split of a population to settle a new city when the AI settles it should look at the tech tree and be granted the next available civic tech and any techs associated with civics be off limits to the human player. to bring it back into the empire you have 2 choices either conquere the city and suffer the backlash of unhappy population throughout the empire or adapt the civic there by bringing that city back into the empire.
    this would obviously mean giving some civics negative impacts such as costing more or something like that.
    I also think that the longer you let the runaway city go the more population in your empire think its a good idea and the more neggative impact it has.
    this same runaway city as long as it is seperate it continues to reserch civic techs untill there are no more in that era and then it begens to go in the natural goal of techs.
    any thoughts?

7. Baloo

Baloo Chieftain

The King of Bhutan did that a few years back on his own accord. The Nepalese King did it just now, but that was because of protests

8. chef pablo

chef pablo Warlord

my point excactly it should be the will of the people.