No "sleep/sentry" option for units?

We need both options though: fortify and wake on enemy approach for those units that will be attacking or retreating, and the standard fortify for those that are turtling. Only one or the other will result in excessive micromanagement that just gets boring. The game should be helping players to reduce micromanagement, not increasing it. I would be surprised if this wasn't in the developer's to do list somewhere since its a very obvious annoyance when actually trying to play the game (amongst other things).

I know, and I would agree it wiuld be nice to have both. I was simlpy informing people who wish to have this now that this out there.

I have not played Civ in about 10 years and I kept saying to myself, "I'm sure I used to put guys on sentry and they would wake up." I'm glad I'm not crazy. This needs to be added for sure!

Reactions: Xur
Eh no, it doesn't remove anything. It just adds the option to have your fortified units wake up when an enemy is within range. (You won't get an alert if your unit is healing though.)

Technically, you are right. How ever, to me it feels like it replaces it, so that is why I said it like that.

I'm starting to get the idea that Faraxis hired an entire new crew of developers and none of them ever played any previous Civ game let alone worked on it.

I'm starting to get the idea that Faraxis hired an entire new crew of developers and none of them ever played any previous Civ game let alone worked on it.

I have this feeling too, many times, many times.

I would also like to have a sentry/fortify option for something like 10 turns, otherwise I might forget about some units if they are foritfied in the jungle far away. Sometimes it happens that I spot a fortified f.i. spearmen in the later eras just because I forgot it in the jungle far away of my cities.

I'll just pile on and say that the omission of a Sentry feature is one of the more bizarre omissions in the game. It's especially problematic because the UI doesn't change focus to follow enemy movement, so hostile forces can walk right past your defenses into your territory before you even know they're there.

Especially fun when a civ halfway across the world declares war and he doesn't show until two centuries later when you had all but forgotten about it.

Top Bottom