1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

No "sleep/sentry" option for units?

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by TheFourthDoctor, Oct 22, 2016.

1. GameBoy2000

GameBoy2000 Warlord

I know, and I would agree it wiuld be nice to have both. I was simlpy informing people who wish to have this now that this out there.

2. Kikimalaka

Kikimalaka Chieftain

I have not played Civ in about 10 years and I kept saying to myself, "I'm sure I used to put guys on sentry and they would wake up." I'm glad I'm not crazy. This needs to be added for sure!

Xur likes this.
  3. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Eh no, it doesn't remove anything. It just adds the option to have your fortified units wake up when an enemy is within range. (You won't get an alert if your unit is healing though.)

4. GameBoy2000

GameBoy2000 Warlord

Technically, you are right. How ever, to me it feels like it replaces it, so that is why I said it like that.

5. Tech Osen

Tech Osen Emperor

I'm starting to get the idea that Faraxis hired an entire new crew of developers and none of them ever played any previous Civ game let alone worked on it.

Zuizgond and Xur like this.
  6. Jabulani

Jabulani Warlord

I have this feeling too, many times, many times.

I would also like to have a sentry/fortify option for something like 10 turns, otherwise I might forget about some units if they are foritfied in the jungle far away. Sometimes it happens that I spot a fortified f.i. spearmen in the later eras just because I forgot it in the jungle far away of my cities.

7. AriochIV

AriochIV Analyst

I'll just pile on and say that the omission of a Sentry feature is one of the more bizarre omissions in the game. It's especially problematic because the UI doesn't change focus to follow enemy movement, so hostile forces can walk right past your defenses into your territory before you even know they're there.

Xur and Jabulani like this.
  8. Tech Osen

Tech Osen Emperor

Especially fun when a civ halfway across the world declares war and he doesn't show until two centuries later when you had all but forgotten about it.

Jabulani likes this.
  9. Jayhawks

Jayhawks Chieftain

Yep, bring back sentry please, one of many features that was removed that should be brought back.