No turn in time?

RegentMan said:
It depends. I don't want to say anything, as a team might not hurry if they feel they've got a free warning.
Then make it a general warning to all teams.

I know our dear friend Classical Hero smelled blood over our unfortunate delay, and want us punished for this very slight miscommunication and slight delay. I think the punishment
is the stress to get the turn played, plus all the vicious attacks in aftermath seeking to maximize the damage after delayed turns in order to tilt gamebalance.

What can I say, delays happen for IRL, and human reasons. However, our 12-18-24 hour "time stamp definition moratorium system" was made as a result of it, in order to make things happen. I think some common courtesy and patience should be in place as teams are hammering out internal rules, procedures and institutions on the fly.

Please, do not make a big mention of this delay, Classical Hero, you made your point, but now you are bordering on making this go to far. The UN Moderators did a good job, a warning was given, and I am certain Classical Hero will use this warning diplomatically later or in other trials. We on the other hand, are more human and understanding in the first 20 turns or so, so we get the game flying in one piece.

Now now boys....kiss & make up

I really don't see any purpose in getting obsessive about turnaround time, on a turn by turn basis. The point is to avoid a chronic problem, not to make a big deal about individual turns.

A lot has to do with when the previous team's save is received. For example, a turnplayer might only have a 2 hour window per day when s/he can play. If the preceeding team delivers a turn right at the end of that 2 hour window, there is not much can be done but wait 22 hours till the beginning of the next window. If this happens every day then that team should be encouraged to have a backup turnplayer on a different schedule, but if it only happens once then why bother to make it an issue? All of us who have used computers more than a few years have had system problems now and then, again no point in making a big deal of it. I live in a place with seasonal thunderstorms and could lose power for several hours, that would also be something which should get respect from the other teams.

We could say that a team with an average turnaround ratio of 18 hours is a bigger problem than a team forwarding the save 18 hours late, one day.

Provolution said:
I know our dear friend Classical Hero smelled blood over our unfortunate delay, and want us punished for this very slight miscommunication and slight delay...Please, do not make a big mention of this delay, Classical Hero, you made your point, but now you are bordering on making this go to far. The UN Moderators did a good job, a warning was given, and I am certain Classical Hero will use this warning diplomatically later or in other trials. We on the other hand, are more human and understanding in the first 20 turns or so, so we get the game flying in one piece.

CH never made a single request for any dicsiplinary action against your team. He asked what the punishment would be, and later asked for clarification as to what the action taken meant. No ill will was conyed toward you, TNT or any member of your team. We never made any action to disrupt the game; nor do we have any plans to bring this up in unrelated situations in the future, as your post might make others believe. I feel that your post unfairly subscribes a more malicous intent to CH's actions.

On behalf of myself, MIA, and CH, I would like to appologize for any negative feelings, real or percieved, that this dispute caused between our teams, and would like to put this disgareement behind us. Thank You.

Provolution said:
We could say that a team with an average turnaround ratio of 18 hours is a bigger problem than a team forwarding the save 18 hours late, one day.

We could also say that playing turns too fast can hinder the game experience for members of a team that are not glued to computer terminals. This in my view may be a far bigger problem.

It is my opinion the game so far has progressed at a very fast pace. We are on turn 11 after only 15 days.

I hope the game slows down slightly in the upcoming weeks.

Actually, that depends on the scope of decisions to be made, and we got all topics discussed onour site, as our UN moderators can verify.

Any team can play as slow or as fast as they like. If a team passes the 24 hour mark it should play immediately or post a "sorry, we won't be able to reach the 24 hour deadline" message in the turntrack-thread.

Failure to do so may, or may not, have consequences. Regentman and Ginger_Ale decide if it has consequences and if so, what consequences.

Let's not make an elephant out of a mosquito (i.e. blow things out of proportion). The rules in this are quiet clear and they make sense. The goal of this rule is to allow each team sufficient time to play their turns, while at the same time keep the game going.

There is never a reason to get personal over this.

Top Bottom