Nomination Time

I nominate... adamsj to be my competitor as Military Advisor- Not much competition there!

He was executed on 02/28/02 as an Enemy of United Fanatica.

Thus...he can not run for Military Leader. ;)

Everything has been updated thus far.

And Civanator, you have a good chance over Hippo, sine he never showed, and his PM box is full (we can't send him a message) plus he's never on ICQ...so you have a chance. :)

I nominate myself as governor of Phobos! Yeah!

Edit: :rolleyes: I originally said the Holy Duckpond here. I knew what I meant. I just couldn't remember how to spell it. (Isn't that just what you want in a governor. Next time I'll check the map.)

I almost forgot to nominate TheDuckOfFlanders for President. Are you still interested Duck?
It would be a nice fight for president.
Duck :sniper: :rocket2: Cornmaster

I dont think you can be a governer of a city but can be a governer of a province . Holy DuckPond is in Phobos, so you have to nominate yourself for Phobos, not Holy DuckPond.

Also, I second Nominate CornMaster for president. I mean, he's perfect for it. He does all of these polls, threads, and organization.
So that's why i second nominate him, to show my support.

Originally posted by TheDuckOfFlanders
people i hope will get nominated to:
Apollo
spycatcher34
(these i didn't give a specific position as i have no idea what their prefered position is)

I'm honored Ducky, however I don't have Civ2 on my computer here at college.:( I'll be going home for Spring Break in two weeks and will be able to install it on my laptop then, so maybe next election I'll run for something. Governor of Rome sounds good...:satan: I'd make sure to keep those rebelious plebs in line :whipped: which should be pretty easy since this is Civ2 and not civ3 :D

Thank you all for my nomination for governor of Phobos, but I fear I must decline. I don't have time in the next 2 months for any cabinet position, but I'll be around posting and voting.

Also, I would like to
Second the nomination of TheDuckOfFlanders as governor of Phobos
Second the nomination of Dell19 as governor of Luna
Second the nomination of Sixchan as science leader
Second the nomination of Cornmaster as president
Second the nomination of Ohwell as Military leader
Second the nomination of Kev as leader of internal affair's

It's great to see so many capable candidates on the nomination list - and great that there are several candidates who are willing to try for president as I know we were worried that at some point we may not be able to find people who wanted the job.

Sounds dopey, but I would have no problem "seconding" all of the nominations. Seems most of them have already, though.

I would officially like to accept the nomination for Internal Affairs. I feel I learned a great deal during my last stint as the deputy of that office and hope to continue on. Thanks to those who nominated and seconded me for this position.

I want to de-nominate myself for governor of Phobos ,and i want to nominate myself as gouvernor of Deimos.Basicly because ACM has declined his position as governor of that province ,and there are 3 running candidates as governor of phobos.This will give omichyron & Stormbringer each 17.66 procent more chance to get ellected (in term's of chance-calculation) ,and will give the province of deimos an extra nominee.

I almost forgot to nominate TheDuckOfFlanders for President. Are you still interested Duck?

Im generaly always interrested in the position of president.But Cornmaster already run's for President ,and i feel no need to contest such a great president at this time.The position's for gouverner are very important position's to and need to be filled with experienced people IMO.My first priority is that every gouverment position is filled with somebody i trust to have the experience and devotion to upkeep his responsibilety.I fully trust Cornmaster ,thus there is no need for me to contest him.I trust myself to ,and the position of governor of deimos is free.

Besides ,i want to try out most of the possible position's of our nation.i would wann run atleast once for millitary leader ,Diplomacy leader and leader of internal affair's.
My first objective at this ellection was actually to become millitary leader ,but since i fully trust Ohwell and AoA ,and believe they can do a better job at it than me (in term's of millitary knowledge) i feel no need to contest them neither.
I think i'm at my best at the gouvernor or internal leader position.i can do millitary and diplomacy but probably there are people better for it.I would be a crappy science leader ,and there is certainly no need for me to contest sixchan ,a very good science leader.
My prefered aspirtion would thus be leader of internal affairs ,but i also don't feel the need to contest kev ,as i have a lot of trust in him to ,i even think he would make a good president ,and may nominate himself for it next election's.

I think i make a good president ,but even i have the feeling that Cornmaster may be a tad better at it.Although i doubt that there won't be future president's topping his score. (wich should be voted on in some days)
But most of all i'm sad that ACM hasnt got the time at this moment to re-run as gouvernor ,and therefore i want to replace him ,as his position is a very important one.

Most of all i am very pleased with the overall quality of our nominee's.:)

Oh mister president could we hold aproval rate poll's for all our leader's after the ellection?Or does anybody think that's a bad idea.

Can I nominate myself for 2 positions and if I win both choose wich one I want to be?

If yes, than I nominate myself as the governor of Deimos

I'm going to have to decline any nominations at this point :( As my abysmal showing last term (thankfully there was a solid depty in my place :)) indicates, I'm fairly swamped with homework these days and it doesn't look as though it'll be letting up any time soon. I've barely got time to vote in polls when I get around to this forum.

Anyhoo, thanks for all the 'seconds' tossed my way and hopefully I'll be able to come roaring back into the governmental picture next time around ;)

why not pellacan?
I would wote for you!
I think you should be the president, so go for it!

I accept my nomination as Science Minister.

I second the nomination of my opponent, Sixchan.

I am Science minister right now even, as Juize has just dropped the position.

:)

P.S. Since I complained and whined last time, I will be starting an election discussion thread!!

EDIT: Doh! Corn, our great leader, has already started one. Thanks Corn :D:D:D!!!!!

Oh dear. I am feeling really lazy today, so I've decided to just post the refusal to my last nomination again. This holds until I actually put myself forward for any position. Which will be ages, unless I win the lottery some time soon so I can get a new PC. :(

I put this the last time I was nominated:
I am afraid that I will have to decline the kind nominations that have been put forward for me to become President. As I explained in the other thread, I don't have Civ 2 on PC any more (well, it's not working), and unless some genius can come up with a conversion system to Playstation, I won't be able to play any of the turns. I am quite happy to have an advisory role, but not the one I've been nominated for unfortunately. Since I don't post at weekends and can't use chat at work, then it is very likely that I will miss some important decisions and will therefore confine myself to being an ideas man.

Thanks for the nomination anyway, although coming from the Duck I can't help but detect an ulterior motive.... :lol:

Top Bottom