Votes: 9 40.9%
  • Yes (X Terms)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 13 59.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I accept my nomination to be governor of the province Luna.

Nominations:
Since most people have been nominated so far, I will nominate Juize for Science leader (or the deputy).

I know that I'm still new, but I would love to get involved with the Trade aspects. I am very PRO-Trade and would work very closely with the Science Advisor to launch programs that will hopefully bring United Fanatica unprecedented commerce and technology.

I'd rather not nominate myself, I feel kinda weird doing that. I would accept a nomination if someone thinks I may be qualified.

And anyway, Hippo's talented but even HE would have problems running all of the things he was nominated for. :) My what a popular Hippo! :eek:

Sorry, this was a double post.

Upon thinking about it, though, with our new cities (Spycatcher, Sixchan, Unknown and Joespaniel) do we need to establish a new province with a governor to look over these cities?

If so, I nominate Duke of York to the new position. If not, I would still like to nominate Duke for Diplomacy Minister.

Corn, you inverted two provinces in the first post: ACM for gov. of Phobos and Dell19 for gov. of Luna is the correct info.

I don't want to be a pain in the @$$, but this information must be correct if you are going to use it to post the elections polls.

I nominate Kev as leader of internal affairs. And, strangely, I also second the nomination of Hippo as leader of internal affairs.

I nominated 2 people for 1 position :eek: :lol:

I'll accept the nomination for Internal Affairs...and I seem to be listed under Diplomacy as well :confused: I might want to take a stab at that depending on the poll results. We'll have to wait and see.

I'll nominate myself for Science Leader.

Apologies, I've been vacation last week, so I wasn't able (or willing)
to make maps. Hope nobody has needed me. :o

I nominate myself as the governor of Phobos

I am new to the game but I hope I get the possision and do just fine.

So far all those who have mentioned the poll are in favor of keeping term limits, yet the option to do away with them is winning. Is there any reason to not have term limits other than not having enough people to run for positions? The way I see it if someone has to step down from one position they can always run for a different one, so there really isn't a problem with finding enough people to run if we keep term limits.

I agree with Apollo. I would think that with term limits more people would get a chance to participate at heading a cabinet post or governorship and it may keep people from stagnating in a certain positoin.

I would think that the fun would be to try out several areas during the game - perhaps there are still some things to learn with Civ2 and this could help bring that about.

I think both Apollo and Kev are right. If we will give more people a chance more people are going to join the game and than we will not need to have the same president for the entire game.

I joined the game two days ago (Or was it yesterday? Hmm. Confused.) and there does not seem to be much activity here right now. My only two post so far are still at the top of their respective thread. What an unusual feeling. (Ohooo, and having fuuuun!)

Now where was I? Term limits, right. You wanted some arguments on why to remove them. I voted for removing, so I´ll try to explain why.

As mentioned above there does not seem to be much activity here. Nor is there too many people involved in this game. At least that is the feeling I get when reading the posts. Only the same handful of people write stuff in all threads. This very thread has also made it obvious that there are not very many people who want "official positions".

So, what would happen if, for example, the President had to resign against his will and no one else wanted to take over? I´m guessing that this question was the reason for the poll. (Am I right?) I wanted to prevent this situation from happening, so I voted to remove the term limits.

Kev has a good point about the risk of stagnation, though. But I am thinking this could be prevented if we made sure not always to nominate the same people to the same positions.

Edit: Spelling mistakes and a grammatical error

I voted to remove them since I love what I do and if I don't win President, I want to be Science Minister for as long as possible. If people want rid of me, I'll leave. But I don't want to be forced out even if people want to keep me just becase of a term limit.

Originally posted by Mr Spice
So, what would happen if, for example, the President had to resign against his will and no one else wanted to take over? I´m guessing that this question was the reason for the poll. (Am I right?) I wanted to prevent this situation from happening, so I voted to remove the term limits.

Well all he would have to resign would be the position as President and he could still take another Minister position, so it wouldn't take away from the overall number of people willing and able to run for official positions. If there aren't enough people running for positions then somebody was active in the game and had been a minister before could become President for one term while the former President took the other's ministry position, and then they could switch back later.

Originally posted by Sixchan
I voted to remove them since I love what I do and if I don't win President, I want to be Science Minister for as long as possible. If people want rid of me, I'll leave. But I don't want to be forced out even if people want to keep me just becase of a term limit.

Don't you think this is unfair? You'll have an advantage as the incumbent because you've shown you can do the job and anybody challenging you wouldn't have proof of their ability as Science Minister. By having term limits it would give more people the opportunity to hold that position, and it could be better for game because in the end some of them may prove to do an even better job than you did (not saying you're bad or anything, just that it could be possible ;) ). If we never have somebody else in that position then we may be missing out on having a person hold it that would do a lot of good for the game.

Originally posted by Apollo

If there aren't enough people running for positions then somebody was active in the game and had been a minister before could become President for one term while the former President took the other's ministry position, and then they could switch back later.

I was thinking more in terms of no one else wanting the job, not even the one who had it before. But perhaps I worry too much.

I agree that term limits have obvoius advantages. I just thought that we would be disiplined enough do make all these things happen even without the "term limits - whip". If I am correct about this the limits would serve no puropse other than that of an unnecessary hindrance.

Don't you think this is unfair? You'll have an advantage as the incumbent because you've shown you can do the job and anybody challenging you wouldn't have proof of their ability as Science Minister. By having term limits it would give more people the opportunity to hold that position, and it could be better for game because in the end some of them may prove to do an even better job than you did (not saying you're bad or anything, just that it could be possible). If we never have somebody else in that position then we may be missing out on having a person hold it that would do a lot of good for the game.

Well if people feel that way, then they can easily vote me out. But what if I get forced out and the person who is elected does it badly (I'm not suggesting that no-one can do the job as well as me, just that it could be possible)? Won't people wish that those term limits weren't there then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom