Non-Midas With A Vengeance - The Conquests Rematch

Originally posted by Nad
way-hey! [party] [dance]

Well played, Betazed, congratulations everyone on an excellent effort. And Betazed, if you don't mind, please play one more turn and print some screenshots for us poor souls stuck at work who won't get home for another 7 hours :p.

I am happy to oblige. One order of Screenshots coming up in a few minutes.

We are Theodora the Magnificient.

Our empire before the end.

Victory

Score

Fantastic [party] . The WAV part truly was a success!

Originally posted by betazed
have fun with the save. Launch the ICBMS against Russia if you want. :satan: Make sure to increase lux tax to high because you will lose the lux imports.

Be sure to get MA's with the rest of the world. Otherwise you won't be able to build the last part :nuke: ;)

Way Hey! [party]

This was too easy man, I dont mean to take nothing from the players here, but this feel like Deity here? Can you remember one single point where you thought "Oh dear, we're dead"? Very odd game.

I have a feeling that even with the seafaring trait the AI stil sucks real bad at Archi and even some Continental maps. The AI's inability to use even slightly suicidal boats and the pushing back of contact to the end of the Middle Ages has severly stunted the AI's trading potential here and means that if you can become tech leader before PP then you can trade your way to even bigger tech leader, whilst keeping the AI poor, but I digress.

I would just like to say here that...

I AM THINKING OF STARTING AN SG OF MY VERY OWN (MY FIRST!)

It should be
1) AW.
2) 5CC. (I want armies damnit)
3) Diff to be decided, Regent or Monarch I think.
4) Preferably one of the C3C civs.

Anyone interested?

Melifluous

Originally posted by Melifluous

It should be
1) AW.
2) 5CC. (I want armies damnit)
3) Diff to be decided, Regent or Monarch I think.
4) Preferably one of the C3C civs.

Anyone interested?

Melifluous

I am always up for a AW (my favorite variant). :thumbsup:

IMHO, AW is C3C is slightly more difficult than PTW because of the inability to rush wonders with military leaders. Hence we cannot build things like TGL and Sun Tzu with military leaders. We have to plan for it and get those prebuilds going. Apart from that AW is more fun because armies are so much more poweful in C3C.

Originally posted by betazed
Apart from that AW is more fun because armies are so much more poweful in C3C.

I hope you noticed the 5 City Challenge part of that? :satan:

That means one army, at one time, IIRC?

Still you are in.

I'll let this ride for a little while in here, to give all my teammates a chance to join before I open it to the public.

Melifluous

PS. Hope you dont mind the threadjack Nad... :p

Truly marvellous! An outstanding team effort and as Meli said, it never really felt like a tough deity match, certainly not the type of deity we encountered in NMT1 :eek: :D

Originally posted by Melifluous

PS. Hope you dont mind the threadjack Nad... :p

Of course not! It's actually becoming a bit of a tradition that we discuss our next game at the end of the existing one. It's great to see you starting an SG, Aggie has one too, so all good!

If you're thinking of starting straightaway I'll have to pass...I've got RBC12A and AG1 on my plate at the moment, when I try not to play more than 1 game at a time! (I had 3 games to play at the weekend and that was tough, very draining! I don't know how people like Aggie can play 5 or 6 SGs at a time!) But if you're thinking of starting in a week or two then count me in! AW is always a laugh :)

I've also got another deity variant SG idea up my sleeve (let's face it, I always have :D ;) ), but that will wait for a while until my current SGs end.

Once again, great play everyone! :worship:

Yes, congrats to all. We were dealt a nice hand in this game, but we also played it very well. I don't think I have had a game where we were in this much control of the game as this one.

------

Meli, I would like to try a 5CC AW game. I am not familiar with 5CC, but now have a number of AW games under my belt as it were.

Because I love armies so much, I am going to see if I can convince you of adding the following twist:

You are allowed to capture cities as long as you abandon them before you end of the turn (you can never ever build a city). Why? Because if you capture 3 cities in the same turn, you can build a second army.

Betazed, I think the power of C3C armies more than make up for the fact that you can't rush wonders. Note that my PTW experience in AW is a bit limited, so maybe I am wrong on this, but the abilty for armies to quickly heal, that allow armies to heal in enemy territory, and the free pillage makes them very strong. Build a few armies and send them out pillaging and you can make a big dent in the AI ability to produce.

On the otherhand, there is no doubt a 5CC will be more challenging in C3C as you can't field 8 armies like a "normal" C3C AW. I would still want to play in C3C however

Originally posted by Greebley
You are allowed to capture cities as long as you abandon them before you end of the turn (you can never ever build a city).

Fantastic idea!

Have you been reading my DI1 game? :p

So players so far.

Melifluous
Betazed
Aggie
Greebley

There are 3-4 slots free I think.

Will wait for maybe a day here then start a thread in the normal SG way.

Melifluous

PS. Btw I have a 24 hr got-it/not got it system and 48 hour to play system, with extensions if neccessary.

Originally posted by Greebley

Betazed, I think the power of C3C armies more than make up for the fact that you can't rush wonders. Note that my PTW experience in AW is a bit limited, so maybe I am wrong on this, but the abilty for armies to quickly heal, that allow armies to heal in enemy territory, and the free pillage makes them very strong. Build a few armies and send them out pillaging and you can make a big dent in the AI ability to produce.

I agree. But since we will have only 1 army in a true 5CC we will not be getting the many advantages of it.

IMHO, Just a simple AW in C3C (maybe Monarch or Emperor level) itself would be very challenging and different that PTW with armies and handbuilt wonders.

But I am ok to go with any variant. (Just that I would preder a simple AW ;) then we can really have fun with armies. )

So are we going to get the new game started? let's go. Create the thread.

I am itching to start. :D

Top Bottom