1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

None Australian civ?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Creation & Customization' started by CivArmy s. 1994, Nov 25, 2005.

1. hIdDeN_eViL

hIdDeN_eViL {кοтоя дѕѕαѕѕїй}²

....just when i was begining to think that maybe its just g bush, and not the american public......

i think, max, that u forgot that australia only has a tiny population of 20mil. china has 12x our gdp, maybe, but also happens to have around 70x our population!

and really, max, ur post just further prooves americans care for nothing but money. there are many better indicators of how countries stand other than gdp. there is the Human Developement Index, for instance, which Australia sits at 3rd. Even with our meagre economy, we manage to beat all the above mentioned countries in the several indicators that make up HDI. US is at 10th, Japan at 11th, china at 85th,
    :D whao... american ignorance summed up nicely there!!:lol: they can't even spot australia on a map without celebs to guide them (but who can blame them, australia all small, and tucked away there, in the middle of two big oceans. islands are so hard to find on maps these days!)

anyway, back on topic. leaderhead looking good civarmy!!:goodjob:
    are you goin to do menzies as an alt leader? have you decided on a UU yet?

edit: i just remebered, u mention combining all your civs into one mod? when is that goin to be release? will aus be in it?

2. CivArmy s. 1994

CivArmy s. 1994 Deity

@Hidden Evil: Thanks for enjoying the LH :D I didn't choice the UU yet and the second leader, but it probably will be Light Cavalry and PM Menzies, not sure. I expect release this week (or maybe today) the Next Level Mod with all my LH, in this first version Australia will be out since the civ isn't ready yet, but in the next one it'd be in :cool:

About this off-topic debate I think Australia is an important country and many local and foreign players would like to add Australia to them game :goodjob: And I wanna see what Australian team can to do on Germany Soccer World Cup since we r in the same group :cool:

3. maxpublic

maxpublic Warlord

Yet another boy who thinks that all opinions not in agreement with his own are irrelevent.

While it's quite possible they added nothing to the discussion, anyone with access to google can confirm the data I provided as true. The only ignorance here, so far, is your own.

As for the rest, it's clear that national fervor doesn't mix with little things like actual facts.

Max

Moderator Action: Then stay out of this thread. In this context, your comments are trolling. Warned.

@Others - please report it rather than respond to it.

Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

4. hIdDeN_eViL

hIdDeN_eViL {кοтоя дѕѕαѕѕїй}²

gotcha.:crazyeye:

yeah!!!!!! KOOL!!!!!!!! light cav and menzies are definately the most popular choices.:goodjob:

*eargerly awaiting next gen mod*:dance:

not much probably... but then i dont give too much credit to our soccer team. ;)

5. Errata

Errata Warlord

It seems like what Australia is really unique for among developed nations is its relatively large wilderness area. You might consider a lower tech survivalist type unit for the UU, like a buffed scout, which the civ can start out with as their free unit. Maybe 2 strength instead of 1. It wouldn't replace the warrior since it can only defend, but it would survive as well as a warrior while moving faster when used to explore, meaning a lot more of the map could be sketched out in the early game without the scout being butchered by barbarians or the slowness of a warrior.

Its not as glamourous as a high tech unit, but honestly the game is very often won or lost before you get to that point. By the time you get to infantry, a bonus promotion on the infantry is probably not going to win the game. A buffed cavalry unit can make a difference since it can be researched early depending on your tech choices, but Russia already has that.

6. Charcoal

Charcoal Chieftain

7. i_hate_mondays

i_hate_mondays Chieftain

Are you still going to include Edmund Barton? He was pretty ordinary as a politician, and actually created the infamous "White Australia Policy".

8. Great_Scott

Great_Scott aka Cottus Arci

*bows* excellent choice.. and yes, a gross oversight

9. Great_Scott

Great_Scott aka Cottus Arci

Well in regards to the post by Max.. yes, we are a small nation, in terms of GNP.

He was very direct in his post, but honest!

However, we are technologically advanced to some extent, as in if we were, say 100th in GNP worldwide (no great feat).. we'd be in the top 30 tech wise..

We've made good advancements in bio-technology and heart disease/cancer research...

But yes, apart from that.. we all live in Australia, and live unbelievably well, considering our small economy. And we have very, very powerful friends. Us Aussies are good friends with America, Britain AND China. Guess that explains our good lifestyle... ahem.

10. john0452

john0452 Chieftain

How is you Aussie Civ progressing CivArmy s. 1994 ?

Do you have an ETA ? I'm looking forward to see what you've got for us. :D