None Australian civ?

Megatherion said:
Always wanted to visit Australia, but the flight etc. are quite expansive....so an Aussie Civ could compensate my lack of money.

UU Suggestions:
Aborigine Boomerang Hunter (replaces Warrior or Archer,something early)
Dame Edna *g*
good idea, but im not sure how an aboriginal hunter would stand up in most aussies opinion, we still wont apologise for stealing their kids 40 years ago. As good as the idea is im afraid some might see it as bad taste:confused:

well i had the idea of having aboriginal units up until the industrial era and then it turns into white people :)

What about the Sentinel Tank?

I would like to see either an SAS unit (Marine that has the Commando and Mobility promotion but not the Amphibious promotion), or a Light Horse Regiment (a mounted Infantry unit, so given move 2 and withdraw from combat, similar to the Persian Immortal).
These two units are probably the most recognised and militarily successful units in Australian military history (IMO), with the Australian Light Horse having made the last successful great cavalry charge (which to my mind is pretty impressive for a unit that was not a cavalry unit, i.e. they were not meant to fight from horseback) at the Battle for Beersheba in 1917.

City list (in approx order of current population - im not sure once they start getting small):

Sydney
Melbourne
Brisbane
Adelaide
Perth
Newcastle
Woollongong
Canberra (Capital)
Darwin
Hobart
Gold Coast
Cairns
Townsville
Albury
Alice Springs
Coffs Harbour
Gosford
Geelong
Dubbo
Mildura
Kalgoorlie
Toowoomba
Rockhampton
Mackay
Ballarat
Port Macquarie
Sunshine Coast
Tamworth
Bandaburg

How many do you need?

Phal78 said:
City list (in approx order of current population - im not sure once they start getting small):

Sydney
Melbourne
Brisbane
Adelaide
Perth
Newcastle
Woollongong
Canberra (Capital)
Darwin
Hobart
Gold Coast
Cairns
Townsville
Albury
Alice Springs
Coffs Harbour
Gosford
Geelong
Dubbo
Mildura
Kalgoorlie
Toowoomba
Rockhampton
Mackay
Ballarat
Port Macquarie
Sunshine Coast
Tamworth
Bandaburg

How many do you need?

bunch of british city names here, i know it does exist in australia, but conflicting with current game

also, gold coast? sunshine coast? not really city names

orange
goulburn
wagga wagga :)

panzooka said:
bunch of british city names here, i know it does exist in australia, but conflicting with current game

also, gold coast? sunshine coast? not really city names

orange
goulburn
wagga wagga :)
all of those are australian city names. remember australia was an english colony

i didnt really mind aus being left out of civ3. but i was a little peeved that ptw didnt fix that. then i was annoyed when conquests left it too. its simply insulting that aus doesnt even get a mention in civ4. glad someones doing something about it.

i personally would like to see Whitlam as the leader. although he didnt preside the longest, he was the greatest damn primeminister the country has seen. governments have only been going downhill ever since.

UU:
ANZAC (reason obvious)
Light Cav (also served extensively throughout WWs, a part of ANZAC, more specific than just 'ANZAC')
or SAS (decribed as the most disciplined and well trained soldiers in the world. serving in both recent conflicts, iraq and afghanistan, suffering not a single casualty. that im aware of)

City names... as suggested above. they may conflict with england, but they do exist in aus. and i don't see any reason to exclude Goldcoast.

and i think a new civ trait need to be given to australia. 'laidback' and 'don't give a damn'. jk :lol:

Wow. An Australian civ would rock, and its great to read all of the interest about one from peeps from different countries :D

The Aussie UU could be the SAS, sort of similar to that of the Marine, however with a more all-round feeling instead of being mostly Amphibious like the America's Marines.

Or maybe it could be our infamous Collins class submarine, which was nothing more than a disaster ;) Give it abilities similar to that of the sub currently in the game, but also give it a +95% of being spotted by any ship :D

O, and add Toowoomba to the Aussie city list ;)

Great Leaders -

Gough Whitlam
John Curtin
Bob Hawke
Steve Waugh
Shane Warne

Entertainers

ACDC

Leader: For what I read we have 3 leaders: Edmund Barto, Robert Menzies and Steve Irwin. Let's start with single one and late add the second, what do u vote for fellows? Just one vote per posters :)
And what suppose to be his bon

UU: We have these ones:
- Anzac, looks like the most popular
- Aborigine Boomerang Hunter, maybe this one could be used for any local civ before the modern Australia was founded.
- Sentinel Tank
- SAS
- Australian Light Horse, looks like the second most popular.

Untill now I fell Anzac is the best option, any more suggestions?

City list: we have one done by Phal78 (post number 28), thanks! I use to have limit of 50 names for this list, if u want add more, post ;)

Civilopedia entry: we have one done by Kulgan (post number 13), thanks!

Leaders list: we have one on post number 33 posted by Deev, thanks! But I didn't know untill now how to change the leaders list of any new civ :( But I can use it when I discovery how to do that ;)

Color: what color Australia should use?

Flag: SuBI did one on page number 01, thanks!

I vote for Australian Light Horse as UU.
Personally I don't think the UU should be ANZAC, as this was a combined force of Australian and New Zealand troops (hence the name Australia and New Zealand Army Corps).

I vote for Robert Menzies as PM - he was the longest serving PM and was PM during part of WWII (there were a total of five PM's during WWII).
Steve Irwin would be a great Entertainer, but he's not a PM (at least not yet ;) )

CorruptAssassin said:
Yeah, I belive the SAS would be a better UU for Australia, ANZAC's weren't uniquely Australian

true, but as there is currently no 'NZ' civilization, australia does hold a monopoly on ANZACs. but thats why i think light horse is a better choice. more 'australian' whilst still keeping a part of ANZACs.

and lacking support for Whitlam as the leader, i throw my support for menzies.

ps. Steve Irwin should be shot. multiple times. and then fed to the crocs. good riddence

Yes, I vote Light Horse as well. They had a major impact on WWI in the middle east. Theres even several movies about it.

Top Bottom