Nonsensical Dialog Options

cakeman

Chieftain
See photo.. I was left staring at it thinking ".. uhhh.. ok.. I have no idea what the heck is going on.. is he just being douchey or am I going to war if I give the more negative response or.. what?"

Attachments

• 2014-10-24_00001.jpg
    2014-10-24_00001.jpg
    265 KB · Views: 427
not a bug, just some of the flavor text... he may be thinking about squishing your cities with his military. your answer will not lead to war next turn.

Thanks for the reply.. Figured it didnt count as as bug in the strictest sense of the term.. but also didnt figure there was anywhere else where feedback would actually get to a firaxis employee and possibly get entered into their system and be clarified in an update.

Unfortunately I didnt note the first instance, but this being the second from a different leader I figured Id send it in..

Otherwise, fun game so far.. just got beat by about ~12 turns at around turn 400 unfortunatey..

Disappointed there were no graphs/stats as in previous games upon completion.. just 15 seconds of audio and exit to main menu or keep playin..

cakes..

I wish they hadn't carried over so much diplo dialogue from Civ V. This isn't even interesting the first time you hear it, and it's downright annoying once you've played a hundred games.

By the way... does your answer have any effect at all? I mean, the same options were in Civ V (as Melchizedek said) - does it have any effect there either? I have never seen anything happen, depending on your reply.

By the way... does your answer have any effect at all? I mean, the same options were in Civ V (as Melchizedek said) - does it have any effect there either? I have never seen anything happen, depending on your reply.

Not so near as I can tell, and it's puzzling to be offered two responses that both lead to the same result (nothing). If there's math going on in the background, it's pretty hidden from the player, which leads me to my point... why are those even in the game? I can't believe someone thought it would be fun for the AI to simply pop up and insult your civilization in some way.

This is further exacerbated by the fact that a) you can't retaliate in any way (short of DoW), and b) you can't put the AI on 'ignore'. I made it to an Emancipation victory with 2-3 of these pop-ups between every. single. turn. My only guess is they kept doing this because they had no other way to stop me at that point, but who really knows? The game certainly wasn't telling me.

If it's the same as in Civ5, then I don't think so - that screen served one function in Civ5: reminding the player that her military is really weak in order to encourage the player to build some. It's basically a warning.

The different dialogue options are just a bit of "role playing" thrown in.

Top Bottom