Nonviolent Gandhi: A Monarch game without military units

Kylearan

compound eye
Hi,

motivated by Merzbow who suggested this, and by Charis who did something similar in Civ 3, I have tried to play a game on Monarch with the variant rule that I would not be allowed to build any military units! You can read about it here if you like. :)

Having all cities empty and undefended was definately scary.. :eek:

-Kylearan

That Was Friggin Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi,

thanks all for your kind words! :)

AWeeMoose said:
I tell ya what...the time played really threw me off...
Let's just say I played incredibly sloppy during the middle and the end game. ;) I knew I wanted to go for a diplo victory anyway, so I felt I didn't need to do much micromanagement. I've had unhappy citizens, hooked up resources way later than usual (I forgot about having furs for a long time, for example...), and not having to build military and move it around saves a lot of time, too.

-Kylearan

OMG... that's just nuts! You truly are the master of diplomacy!

crazy goodness... wow i never even have considered such a strategy!

that was a great read, diplomacy can be fun. In one game the only civ I got open borders with was Japan!, the only time that has happened..

I once had a holy holy holy holy city and a holy holy holy city, but that was on like Chieftain. Pretty amazing you could win like that! Maybe next time try for cultural or space race for extra challenge?

That was amazing!! Great job!!!

man the one time I play with Ghandi he was at war with 4 people and nuked him 3 times. Anyway That was a truely great game :coool:

Congratulations. That idea has been always in my mind but I never found the courage to carry it on. You prove that a pacific way is posible, and it seems to be fun as well.
I really like the screens of new founded religion. Is that a MOD?

I did something alot like this on an EE3 mod. By the end I was the Pope and U.N. leader. Fun times, but I did make a few scouts for exploration I dont realy consider them millitary units because you cant attack with them.

Top Bottom