• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Not working, please help!

gabe224

Chieftain
I downloaded and installed Civilization V through steam, but when I try to run it it never works. When I choose directx10 & 11 it launches and then after a second or so it says the program has stopped working, and when I launch it in directx 9 I get a blackscreen in the very beginning.

These are my system specs:
Operating System: Windows® 7
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz 2.00GHz
Memory: 6 GB RAM
Video Cards: [Intel(R) HD Graphics Famliy][NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M]
DirectX®: DirectX® version 11

Sorry I am not very computer savy, if I have forgotten any necessary specs please say so.
Please help I have already spent hours trying to get it to work to no avail.
Thanks,
Gabe.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    33.7 KB · Views: 41
Sorry to hear that you're having a problem running the game. Please post your DxDiag file. Thanks!

(Also, please start only one thread for help. I deleted your duplicate thread in the Bug Reports forum.)

Oops sorry.

No problem.

Your video driver is dated 5/3/2011 and needs to be updated. First check Dell's website for a newer driver. If no luck there, check with Intel for a newer compatible driver. However, other members in your situation have had trouble finding a newer driver that works with similar systems. Please post again if you need more advice. Good Luck!

For one thing, this is one of their dual (optimized) graphics laptops and it seems that it is stuck on the integreted chipset and not on the Nvidia GPU. You may need to enable the Nvidia driver and/or fix the optimization to let the Nvidia be the GPU being used.

For one thing, this is one of their dual (optimized) graphics laptops and it seems that it is stuck on the integreted chipset and not on the Nvidia GPU. You may need to enable the Nvidia driver and/or fix the optimization to let the Nvidia be the GPU being used.

Would you happen to know how to do that?

A driver is a program that allows a device (such as a mouse or a keyboard) to work with your computer. In your case, you need a newer driver for your video system. Timtofly also suggested that you switch your video system to another configuration.

For help with configuring your computer, you really should contact Dell tech support. They should be able to help you.

Good luck!

I installed the nvidia drivers, and now it is working, thanks everyone!

Top Bottom