1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Novator's LH gallery

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Graphics Modpacks' started by Novator, Jul 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Triver

Triver Prince

Russian Authors' Society have sued some money for playing music. Of course, there is an organization in America and Hungary that doing the same thing.
    Sell, don't sell - no difference. There are a couple of sites, that don't sell files, but they are still illigal.

2. The Capo

The Capo godless Heathen

I am not guessing at this, I playtested CivIV and BtS, I've spoken with some of the people involved in making the game, I've played games with them before. Of course I have asked how modding works. I know this, you can do whatever you want, when you start selling it you start breaking the law. Plus I am American and know how it works here. Dude, if you don't want to make LHs stop doing it, but I don't understand why you are screwing around on this website. You should upload what you have made and either stop making more or continue to make more, whatever you'd like.

3. Triver

Triver Prince

And even upload/download to/from the t-ts?

4. Leoreth

Leoreth Friend Next Door Moderator

Moderator Action: Triver, as you have been repeatedly told by several CFC staff members, making user created content available for free on this website does not violate the EULA, nor does it break any laws.

No matter what your motives are, we consider it disruptive to the modding community as a whole to talk other members into taking down their contributions and will not tolerate it in the future.

Furthermore, this thread is not the right place to discuss these legal questions.

5. Novator

Novator Doomed to finish everything from that cursed list.

To moderators: you can delete this thread. I'll save all requests in my text file. I'll upload files when I improve them and find a way to protect them.

6. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Deity

Protect them? From what do they need protection?

7. Triver

Triver Prince

From me? XD

8. Novator

From "evil users who download firaxis stuff and don't pay". )) Of course I don't see any ghosts. But if Den sees, I'll help him left me in peace. And let's move the debate into Skype. Forum is a bad place for these performances.

9. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Deity

Obviously Den doesn't know what he is talking about, just check what the moderators responded.
    Modding is not illegal at all. In fact, it's in the best interest of Firaxis.
    Why do you care about what Den said?

10. Novator

He's already bugged me.

11. mamba

mamba Deity

The law allows this, modding is legal. Also users without Civ don't really have much use for Civ LHs...

12. Dumanios

Dumanios MLG

That Che Guevera was one of the best leaderheads I've seen, and I was planning on using Hayes and Harding for an eventual Ohioan civ.

Moderator Action: [Off-topic discussion removed - Leoreth]

13. Leoreth

Moderator Action: Future discussion of the legal aspects of modding will be infracted for spam.

This includes both assertions that modding is illegal and assurances that it isn't, well-meaning as they may be. This isn't the place for that.

14. The Capo

The Capo godless Heathen

Den/Triver/Novator; could you please just put your files back up and let us all continue modding as usual? I just think it best that we all forget this episode and move on. Cool?

15. Triver

Triver Prince

Why do you need them? You have your own. You said you have your own Harun-al-Rashid and Gerhardsen. So where are they? I've done my work. There is no Russian monopoly on leaderheads anymore, so you can do your work again.

16. The Capo

The Capo godless Heathen

I don't believe I ever said anything like that, but no I do not NEED anything. It just seems people liked your work and I certainly did. I wanted to see what you came out with next. I have said over and over in this thread that if you don't want your leaderheads up it is your decision to make, but I disagree with it. So do whatever you'd like, but the right thing to do would be to reupload the leaderheads.

17. Leoreth

LH making is not a competition. And the creator's nationality is irrelevant.

18. Triver

Triver Prince

The right thing is removing this trash from your PC.

19. Sword_Of_Geddon

Sword_Of_Geddon Mysterious Jungle Warrior

I think Novator be trolling us mon.

20. Triver

Triver Prince

Yes he is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.