Now if I can work this strategy into a winning one

Tancretus

Chieftain
civ_005.png

I'm also going to try a Diplomat coastal-defense island map.

HAHA ! Funny one, but I think the AI can invade empty cities from the sea ! So beware ! ;) =D

The diplomat might indeed be a better tactic once you can build them ! ;) It requires alphabet + writing research/technology

Unfortunately civilization 1 does not have marines ! So the AI cannot invade you ! ;)

Would also be cool if civilization 1 had helichopters... these two units I miss from civ 3.

And perhaps also the nuclear careing submarine... but I kinda like it without it because it might be a bit overpowered to nuke enemies from under the sea in civ 3 ! ;)

I do love how the AI in civ1 nukes the horsehocky out of me from time to time ! LOL =D Very unexpected all of a sudden ! LOL.

Yes this is a valid point I am making by chance lol...

Indeed NUKES are still an empty to at least hurt you somewhat, taken you, probably not... hehe, funny stuff.

Plus the sea won't be radioactive so you can probably still get some food and survive... hmmm.. strange...

I am not exactly sure what waste does on civ1 it reduces the output of tiles somewhat but still harvestable ! ;)

Unfortunately civ1 has no harbors or offshore mining platforms... if it had this might be somewhat workable ! ;) :)

One thing that you can do to buff this a little bit is caravans + ships to far away to get more income.

Unfortunately no food-trade routes possible ! That would be cool ! ;)

The AI is under the same limitation the player is- must land units before attacking/entering a city.
Not really true. Both the human player and the AI can unload units from transports into empty cities to take them over, and this action doesn't even automatically trigger war.

Top Bottom