1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Now, who is Decius!??

Discussion in 'Fall from Heaven Lore' started by Slvynn, May 25, 2008.

1. Atnanor

Atnanor +2 Beer Affinity

No... I AM DECIUS!

2. Pike the Hands

Pike the Hands Chieftain

I'm still hoping MC will show up and patiently give a detailed explanation of why this cannot be the case.

3. Atnanor

Atnanor +2 Beer Affinity

I was trying to get a kind of "No, I am Spartacus!" kind of thing going, but you ruined it, good job. I hope your proud of your self.

4. zup

zup Chieftain

I have a soft spot for the theory he was the tenth king. I don't know why. Maybe it is his name.

5. Corlis

Corlis Chieftain

Hmm, that does make a lot of sense...

6. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

Yeah, but we don't even know who the Nine Kings are so that doesn't tell us a whole lot.

7. Mailbox

Mailbox Chieftain

The thing about such a late game wonder is that it could represent almost any nation by that point. Any nation with kings would definitely have gone through nine (at least mortal nations) by the point in the game that the wonder comes in.

Something I've personally wondered, what's the time scale in the average FFH normal speed game? I've always assumed that the early turns would be five to ten years each and the later game turns would be perhaps a season or two.

8. Saytr

Saytr Ex-Faun

There is no set span. The team made the year dissapear to avoid questions like, "Why is Rantine 900 years old?" I simply make each turn the length I want it to, sometimes a day (early game exploration) or years.

9. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

I had always assumed that the nine kings were all contemporaries from different nations, probably members of some sort of an alliance.

10. Mailbox

Mailbox Chieftain

That could be true, that could make the wonder some sort of "best of the world" horse training center forged in a great war. Well, maybe. :p

11. Hawkwood

Hawkwood Man-at-Arms

I've been thinking about his campaign, and here is what I think happens in it:

Decius starts as a Bannor leader in Fall of Cuantine. I think this may be where we learn about Rosier's fall, because Cuantine is presumably something important to the Bannor and his fall may be what causes it's fall. Decius then flees to a desert for some reason, where he and his men fights and does something I don't know what is. I think we get to choose between Malakim and Calabim in Wages of Sin, mostly because that means two scenarios for each civilization. He pursues some agenda dependent on which side he chooses (possibly fighting against the civilization he turned down). The Sidar then decides to pick a fight with him and the last scenario (Against the Grey) is him fighting them.

What do you think about my theory? And did I miss some lore that means it's totally impossible for that to happen?

12. lampuiho

lampuiho Chieftain

So I played the Malakim side of story. Can anyone tell me what happens if I choose the Clabim side please? Yes, I 'm looking for spoilers :D

13. esvath

esvath Apprentice of Erebus

Highlight the lines below :

Basically, Decius had to destroy the Malakim and Empyrean, then fought the good guys in Tempus Mor. For all of his success, Flauros wanted to grant him the ultimate gift : turning him into a Vampire but Decius rejected it. All Decius want is a swath area to rule and a human vibrant life (something that he did not see in the Vampire's way of living. To live immortally = become fat and slow)

At that moment, the Sidar assassins attacked. Decius then focused his unholy wrath to the Sidar (he parted way with Flauros, bringing some Calabim soldiers as his own). After he managed to defeat Sandalphon, another Sidar ghost appeared and told Sandalphon (and Decius) about Auric's plan of Ascension. Decius then marched off to attack Auric.

You can see the whole text in FfH Editor.xlsm

14. cain3456

cain3456 Chieftain

An earlier post stated that Decius gets an event where he picks his starting alignment. What about when played by the AI? Is it determined randomly, or does he default to good?

I was rather disappointed in a game when he showed up as the good leader of the Calabim. Fittingly, tho, he founded the OO and adopted a more neutral outlook :evil:

15. A_Hamster

A_Hamster Small Furry Animal

It is random.