1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Now, who is Decius!??

Discussion in 'Fall from Heaven Lore' started by Slvynn, May 25, 2008.

1. Corlis

Corlis Chieftain

One issue is that the One reserved control over time for himself, and not even the gods themselves can alter it in any way. I suppose the One could have pulled a pre-magic Kylorin into the future for some reason, but that's so convoluted that Occam's Razor comes into play: the simplest explanation is probably the correct one. So I'm assuming that Decius is just a bad-ass commander of the Bannor who falls and then (maybe) redeems himself.

2. das

das Regeneration In Process

A Bannor vampire amongst the Malakim? ;)

3. orangelex44

orangelex44 Partisan

Well, maybe....

It's tough to define which nations, exactly, are "Patrian": there are a couple direct descendents but there are a host of civs that are questionable. This was discussed in another thread, somewhere - found it, it's this one.

That's a bit off-topic, but for the curious it's there.

Back to the point, I would highly doubt that the One would have any time-traveling escapades. If he's coming back, it's to kick ass and take names, not to peddle with sending random people around the time-space continuum.

4. merciary

merciary No idea what I'm doing

Except for the small problem of if he comes back he'll destroy all of Creation. I highly doubt Decius is Kylorin. He just doesn't seem to have the same feel as Kylorin if you know what I mean.

5. Psycho_Ivan

Psycho_Ivan Chieftain

Decius seems to be pretty good at survival is what I see in the entry for the Divided Soul. He'd have to be in order to survive, though.

Also, I get the picture that he's probably extremely intelligent... and arrogant. This may have lead to him never seeing himself being betrayed, which I'm guessing betrayal is heavily laden in his story. :D

6. Corlis

Corlis Chieftain

That's definitely the sense given by his meeting-for-the-first-time statement: "Thrones sit easily beneath me; remain true, and I'll allow you to keep yours." (that's from memory so it may be a little mangled)

7. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

Using fire against those using magic is a very old trick. It is just about the only thing the Bannor did back in the Age of Magic. I'm sure they continued doing so in the Age of Rebirth, although they had to be more careful as the weapon was no longer harmless to the innocent. I'm sure almost any Bannor commander would have resorted to fire in such cases.

I believe it has been stated that Decius doesn't lead all three civs, he leads one and then must make a choice that will decide which other civ he with switch too. I think having him be a Bannor commander who much choose between the Calabim and Malakim makes a lot more sense than any other combination. He is not a vampire when he leads the Malakim.

I'm pretty certain that he is not Kyorlin, and especially not a Kyorlin taken from the past. Only The One would have been able to do so, and there is no evidence of him having any involvement in Creation since before the Godswar.

8. thomas.berubeg

thomas.berubeg Wandering the World

Kael has repetedly stated he dislike time travel.

9. Psycho_Ivan

Psycho_Ivan Chieftain

Nice point.

Agreed, most definitely. Bannor seems like the most likely start, and I believe that it makes sense when coupled with the fact that the Malakim would very likely to welcome him.

10. Ajidica

Ajidica High Quality Person

I dont think that Kylorin time traveled, simply came back. Possible reason is becasue he is the most powerful mage, with all of the other civs using magic, Kylorin got pulled back to Erebus or after he slew mulcarn, mulcarn somehow took hold of his soul and trapped it. With Mulcarn now inhabiting Auric Ulvin, Kylorin came back to Erebus and might have been 'remade'.

11. Verdian

Verdian Chieftain

Slightly off topic, but I'd just like to thank whichever FFH writer put me in the Divided Soul entry. I really appreciate it. :D

...even if I do probably get brutally tortured and killed.

12. Blakmane

Blakmane Chieftain

Where are people getting this idea that Decius is Kylorin? I can't find anywhere in the story that even hints at the possibility.

Besides, if he was Kylorin reborn he'd surely be fighting Auric (not sidar), have some kind of connection to the amurites and would have magic (both of which he clearly does not).

13. Tyrs

Tyrs Chieftain

He might not have a connection with the Amurites if Eve had been reborn else where. That said, I agree, there isn't any real reason to think that Decius is Kylorin.

14. A_Hamster

A_Hamster Small Furry Animal

"Who is Decius?"

"He's a Bannor Vampire!"

"He's a Malakim sheik!"

"He's Kylorin reborn!"

"He's a chicken, I tell you! A giant chicken!"

:p

15. Atnanor

Atnanor +2 Beer Affinity

Ok I joke around that hes Kylorin and everything goes insane, hes not god damn Kylorin.

Hes just a general, maybe a damn good general, but thats it. He will probably be related to someone important, like Kylorin, hell I dunno. But hes not anyone we already know about.

16. Kael

Kael Chieftain

Nikis-Knight wrote the entry, but I recommended that your name be used in credit for designing the unit. :goodjob: (and in shame that it took me so long to get the unit in).

17. Corlis

Corlis Chieftain

Klucklorin?

18. Pike the Hands

Pike the Hands Chieftain

The answer is actually quite simple.

I AM DECIUS.

19. Verdian

Verdian Chieftain

Let's hear it for shame! :lol:

Well, thanks to the both of you. I'd imagine the mechanic to make the unit work was a pain to program, so it is understandable that it took so long. A lot of people thought it wouldn't even work.

20. Skitters

Skitters Chieftain

and thanks to you all for developing such a fun unit! Just playing a Sidar game - the Divided Soul is *the* exploration unit.

In my current game it allowed me to explore a chain of islands two tiles off well before anyone had sailing, as well as a chunk of land cut off from the rest of the continent by a chain of mountains.

Cultural borders too become less of a problem with exploration

...plus, whilst theres micromanagement involved, it can help shuttle a unit along very quickly.

It makes the Divided Soul a worthy unit to still build well after Shadows and Rangers becomes available