1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

ntdll.dll error on launch

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Technical Support' started by Jetfire, Jun 15, 2008.

1. Jetfire

Jetfire Chieftain

I have a VISTA Laptop (Dell). When I installed CivIV and CivIV:BTS, it ran fine.

Then a couple of days ago, I installed the latest VISTA patches, and rebooted (the first Reboot since installing CivIV).

Now whenever I try to start the game, I get an "Entry Point Not Found" error: "The procedure entry point could not be located in the dynamic link library ntdll.dll".

This error pops up whenever I try to run the autorun.exe on either the BTS start disk or the CivIV start disk, or when I try to use the short cuts.

I've tried running them in XP mode, running as admin and just about everything else I can think of (haven't tried reinstalling yet), and I don't know what the problem is.

Anyone have any suggestions?

2. ori

ori Repair Guy Super Moderator

3. Jetfire

Jetfire Chieftain

Thanks.

The complete text of the error I get is what I said:

Title: "Entry Point Not Found"

Error Text: "The procedure entry point could not be located in the dynamic link library ntdll.dll".

4. ori

ori Repair Guy Super Moderator

I had hoped for more - this looks like a corrupted install though - problem is I am not sure if it is a Vista problem or a problem with your Civ install... :sad:

did you try running it from the actual .exe files?

5. Jetfire

Jetfire Chieftain

Ok looks like it was a VISTA problem, not a Civ problem. I clued in when TeamSpeak gave the same error, and it even propped up briefly when I went to log off.

Rebooting fixed it up and it looks like it works.

Thanks for the advice/help in any case. :)