Nubian Pyramid - 4 production

michaeljhuman

Chieftain
I have Nubian pyramid in a city with Petra. Not next to an industrial zone. Not on a hill as far as I can tell.

And it has four production.

Can't think of a reason production is that high. Just curious if anyone has seen this?

Try to remove that N.Pyramid to see what the base yield is. If the 3 Production comes from the Desert tile itself, it is from previous dust storms.

And why dust storms increase production is beyond me....only in select areas of the world do dust storms leave anything remotely positive. Overall it makes no sense (except in gameplay terms, given how production-poor deserts are).

And why dust storms increase production is beyond me....only in select areas of the world do dust storms leave anything remotely positive. Overall it makes no sense (except in gameplay terms, given how production-poor deserts are).

Ever seen sanded anything? Makes it much more productive, no matter what it is. Sand sharpened blades, exposed stone and salt, blah blah

Sand storms move things around and sometimes they reveal resources that you would normally not notice.

Given Sandstorms give production, I don't get why the game couldn't have earthquakes and tsunamis. They could give faith or, well, whatever really.

I had noticed though that with all these extra yields, plus Pingala, plus natural wonders, early game yields can get really, really nuts. At some point, FXS really need to just rebalance yields across the board.

Given Sandstorms give production, I don't get why the game couldn't have earthquakes and tsunamis. They could give faith or, well, whatever really.

I had noticed though that with all these extra yields, plus Pingala, plus natural wonders, early game yields can get really, really nuts. At some point, FXS really need to just rebalance yields across the board.

I like how tiles can have some vastly different yields, but I do agree that especially if you have a particularly active river or volcano, the yields from them can completely dwarf any mines or other improvements you lay.

I've also gotta say, Nazca lines can make some pretty sweet desert tiles with Petra. Flat desert with 2 Nazca lines around it yield 4 food, 3 production, 2 gold, and 2 faith, not even counting if there's a resource or another improvement that you can place in the desert.

Dust storms and volcanic eruptions give ridiculous bonuses. So strange that everything in civ has to have a positive side.

Volcanic soil and floodplains also work with the Marae...

Because only good things can happen to a player in Civ6 :)

Dust storms and volcanic eruptions give ridiculous bonuses. So strange that everything in civ has to have a positive side.

People like yields, so for a better game you have to give them everything they like, and nothing they dislike.

I really doubt we'll get any kind of re-balance, it's working as intended.

Ideally, I'd say a good solution would have been to make the increases a bit bigger and consistent, but temporary, instead of this yield on top of yield on top of yield.

Ideally, I'd say a good solution would have been to make the increases a bit bigger and consistent, but temporary, instead of this yield on top of yield on top of yield.

Yeah it's also a little bit confusing when you have a tile with so many crazy yields and you don't know exactly from where they're coming from.

I like the extra yields from natural disasters. At least you take a bit of a risk to earn them.

The yields from natural wonders annoy me more just because they're so nuts sometimes. Personally, I think era score, holy site adjacency and appeal are enough of a bonus. Maybe some faith.

Yields overall are just a little wacky once you add in district adjacencies and cards and everything else.

They said they didn't want any one terrain type (or area of the map) to get it by too many disasters. Generally speaking the places that get volcanoes would get the earthquakes too.

I like the extra yields from natural disasters. At least you take a bit of a risk to earn them.

The yields from natural wonders annoy me more just because they're so nuts sometimes. Personally, I think era score, holy site adjacency and appeal are enough of a bonus. Maybe some faith.

Yields overall are just a little wacky once you add in district adjacencies and cards and everything else.

The yields get to insane levels on the max disaster setting.

Most natural wonders suck in comparison, and if they gave no yields would be absolute trash. Often they are not even worth setting near, right now.

Top Bottom