Nuclear missles unbalanced?

You can destroy enemy nukes by nuking the cities they are stationed in. Remember, they can't be fired the turn they are built, so you have a chance to scout the cities and see where they are. Cities with air units stationed in them will have a number at the top and you can click on that (just as with your own cities) to get a list of the air units stationed there. Find the one with the nukes and bombs away!

I did this after Caesar nuked me in a recent game. He kept moving nukes to Rome and I kept destroying them (and half his city). I'm assuming capital cities can never be completely destroyed? I think I got him down to 1 pop, but the city was never erased entirely. If memory serves, the city started at 27 pop and it took two atomic bombs and two icbms to take it down to 1 pop. Then I ran out of money and got my diplo victory.

haha, I didn't know that you could scout out enemy air units like that. no you can't destry a capital or CS with a nuke. most other cities 2 nukes will do the trick however. I like the way the ai's ics strategy will sometimes give you a chance to nuke 4 cities at once...;)

I'm assuming capital cities can never be completely destroyed?

the Capital has Palace building and Palace has NukeImmune= true Setting in Civ5Buildings.xml.

Other buildings that have NukeImmune setting in the xml are:

- All National Wonders
- All wonders
- Military base

So if these buildings prevent the city from being totally destroyed then it will be a good strategy to spread them in your cities.

Where did I say "I DO NOT LIKE REALISM" ? in which post? and why some people like you jump in and read one post then misunderstand it and make a bold judgment like "Its people like you that have helped ruin the civ franchise"... really wtf and why someone like you jump in in every single thread just to piss off the OP for the sake of pissing him off..

in several of you post in this very thread.

Moderator Action: cman and Deep Blue, quit the arguing please.

the Capital has Palace building and Palace has NukeImmune= true Setting in Civ4Buildings.xml.

Other buildings that have NukeImmune setting in the xml are:

- All National Wonders
- All wonders
- Military base

So if these buildings prevent the city from being totally destroyed then it will be a good strategy to spread them in your cities.

I'm pretty sure that's not what it does, capital immunity to razing isn't specified there. It should instead mean that those buildings will never get destroyed after the city is nuked - as nukes also destroy buildings randomly in their target city. And I'm not sure how the military base got onto that list.

I'm pretty sure that's not what it does, capital immunity to razing isn't specified there. It should instead mean that those buildings will never get destroyed after the city is nuked - as nukes also destroy buildings randomly in their target city. And I'm not sure how the military base got onto that list.

Yup I have tested it , it has nothing to do with NukeImmune Settings. Only Capitals are immune to destruction.

Top Bottom