nVidia GeForce Problems

Well, I've since discovered that the driver updates don't help with the stuttering movie video/audio, but they do help during regular play it seems.

Got through the renderer issue by getting the latest video drivers and enabeling all the new abilities in the display section, the direct draw, 3D and AGP texture accelerators.
Now I can select a tribe, world etc., but when I attempt to play when it gets to the place I assume it is to start, I just get a partial view of the Earth, black space and it alternates to a sort of brown universe window. Have to let it play to this point (can't click to next step) while listening to slightly choppy narritive about seed of life, dinosours etc. Then, thats it. Can't play, go forward, use ctl alt del, nothing. Just locks.

Using an NVidia GeForce 5600, new 8185 drivers. 128mb.
XP home SP2
Pent4 2.8 GHz (2cpus)
DirectX 9.0c
1024 mb ram
SB Audigy audio 9000 (sound seems adequate though)

How can I get this dam* game to play??? REWARD! If you can do it, I have my own personal tank, a Daimler Ferret, and will give you a ride if you come to Idaho!

Computer specs:
AMD 2600+
nForce2 Motherboard
Geil PC3200 Dual Channel RAM (1 gig)
nVidia 6600 256mb (Official 81.85 drivers)
Soundblaster Audigy Gamer (Official Beta drivers dated Jan 05)
Windows XP Pro SP2

I can play the game for an hour to two hours max, then I get a loud buzz, and the system reboots. The latest autosave, or manual save right before the hard crash causes either another hard crash, or CTD. When it comes back up, I get a "Windows has recovered from a serious error" message, and points to a driver faliure generally, or graphics driver faliure specifically. I can (and do) play both World of Warcrack and Day of Defeat: Source for hours on end with absolutely no errors, hard locks, or CTD's.

Thinking it may be a driver or DirectX conflict, I went as far to do a fresh install of everything, on a freshly formatted HD. Again, WoW and DoD:S perform solidly, and C4 blows my computer up (pun intended!). I would think both WoW and DoD:S would be both more graphically and memory intensive, and frankly, they are. I have done everything on my end, including formatting my drive, so the problem lies with C4.

zbadger13 said:
How can I get this dam* game to play??? REWARD! If you can do it, I have my own personal tank, a Daimler Ferret, and will give you a ride if you come to Idaho!

According to Jane's, the Ferret is classified as an armored car...but I still wouldn't want to cut you off! :lol:

According to Jane's, the Ferret is classified as an armored car...but I still wouldn't want to cut you off!

I turned the graphic options to medium or low and i restarted the game.In the menu everything was ok but in the game the graphic didnt change and the frame rate was same.
amd athlon 1800+
gforce fx5200
768mbram (400mhz)
PLS who knows whats the problem help me

Just an update. Was experiencing the blue screen with sound at bootup, but couldn't see intro movie or menu. Installed latest nVidia driver for GeForce FX 5600 (81.85_forceware_winxp2k_english_whql.exe) downloaded from nVidia's site. Maintained the resolution at 1024x768. So far, it's worked flawlessly, but haven't progressed far enough to test the Wonder movies yet. Still crossing my fingers nothing else materializes that I've read about elsewhere here.

Specs: AMD Athlon 64, 3200+, MMX, 2.0 GHz, 1022 MB RAM

I have a
pentium 4 3.0 ghz
nvidia fx 5200 128mb
and 768 mb of ram (either DDR 333 of DDR 400)

And the game has not caused a single problem so far. I think the main problems that people have are because of not enough ram.

Wonder movies work fine too.

DennisFord said:
We have verified that this EXACT same thing is happening to another gentleman that has the exact same 256mb nVidia GeForce 5200 card. What other problems are you GeForce users having? Any of you not having problems?

I have a new Dell i9300,

1.73Ghz Centrino
768MB PC4200 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 6800 256MB card

I am having no problems at all. Game runs smooth, wonder movies are flawless. Personally, I think the graphics are a LITTLE rough (ie, not lifelike crisp) but I see this as a coding problem, not a display one. Command & Conquer Generals which is about 3 years old has sharp, crisp lines so I know it's not the display.

I got a Nvidia Geforce 6800 OC. After I put the graphics on medium the game played fine:goodjob:. The vids are kinda choppy still.

Has anyone tried the game on an nVidia Go card (the Geforce range for laptops)? I'm in the UK so I have another week or two to wait before my copy of the game arrives and I'd be interested to know how laptop cards handle it.

kandalf said:
I have a
pentium 4 3.0 ghz
nvidia fx 5200 128mb
and 768 mb of ram (either DDR 333 of DDR 400)

And the game has not caused a single problem so far. I think the main problems that people have are because of not enough ram.

Wonder movies work fine too.
Glad it's working for you. RAM can't be the problem; I have 1GB and 256mb of video RAM and my movies stutter.
My audio and video drivers are the latest posted by nVidia and Creative/Sound Blaster.
There's something else at work here...:confused:

i have nvidia geforce4 mx440 64mb athlon 2400+ winxp sp2
512 ddr ram onboard realtek audio
anyhow i got my game came in a beautifill box the tech chart is in english
i installed the disc and yes the play disc is mislabeled installed whatever was on the disc including firaxian version of dx9 (even though i already had dx9c)
it playes normally and i am so happy my only problem is i belive there is a memory leak somewhere and that the game uses more system resources than they tell you

let me say be4 i start playing i turn off pretty much all my anti spyware/firewall/virus/adware software and the game automaticly reconfigures the settings to a lower setting so i can play and yes the wonder videos and sound stutter but only usually after playing for a while

I have problems with my geforce 2. Tried the latest drivers that apply to my card (so they're not that recent), both omega and official.

My problem is that every few turns graphics get messed up really bad and the units, interface and screens start "flashing" (continuously disappearing and reappearing). It looks different from time to time, but involves things like trees becoming white, culture colors all over the place, scrambled text and wrong icons being displayed. What triggers it is also variable, but mostly seems to be things that take you away from the playing field like wonder movies and diplomacy.

Perikles- If you have a GeForce 2, the latest drivers should work for you...I have a G2/5700 and they do.

Driver version 7.1.2.5
Driver Date 1/10/2005

P4 2.4 ghz
1gb RAM DDR400 (dual channel)
GeForce 6600GT OC MSI 128mb DDR3
Sound Blaster Audigy
Windows XP Pro SP2

I have the game at maximum setting and it plays flawlessly even late game on a big map. The wonder movies and the opening work just fine for me. It actually runs faster then Civ III???? I just used the drivers that came with the card without any updates.

gunnergoz said:
Perikles- If you have a GeForce 2, the latest drivers should work for you...I have a G2/5700 and they do.
I tried forceware version 81.85 and got the message that there was no hardware found supported by the drivers when attempting to install :( I had to use version 71.89.

I have a geforce 2 titanium it seems btw.

edit: Tried the 45.23 drivers and they work great! :) Only one thing left to fix on this pc and then probably wait for a patch to get the game going on my own machine...

Perikles said:
I tried forceware version 81.85 and got the message that there was no hardware found supported by the drivers when attempting to install :( I had to use version 71.89.

I have a geforce 2 titanium it seems btw.

edit: Tried the 45.23 drivers and they work great! :) Only one thing left to fix on this pc and then probably wait for a patch to get the game going on my own machine...

i d/l the foreware drivers and it works fine like i said only the movies stutter soemtimes

I tried that fix with the Geforce 2, but the food icons are the only things that show up, no hammers or commerce.

Top Bottom