nVidia GeForce Problems

jimkirk said:
like i said only the movies stutter soemtimes

I have the same issue of wonder movies stuttering -- not a game breaker - although I still love the wonder movies of civ 2 :)

I wonder if we can switch them out...hmmm...

Vid Card:
256 Meg NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900 XT
Driver Version 80.85

I have many of the problems discussed here. Info:

AMD 2800+ (1.6 GHz)
512 MB RAM
nVIDIA GeForce FX 5700 LE

My problem: certain "layers" of graphics aren't shown. This is similar to the "Cheshire Cat" discussed in other threads. Sometimes all or most of the terrain is black and all I can see are blue outilines of the figures. Sometimes all of the graphics is ok except for I can't see some of the text. In order to fix this problem I alt-tab out and back into the program. Sometimes, that doesnt work so I then swith the "Anti-Aliasing Multisamples" to 2 (which makes the problem worse) and then back to 0. This usually works, but in network games usually crashes the game. I have udated my driver (to Forceware 81.85) and I still have the problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. However, note that I fully meet the recommended requirements and the solution shouldn't be: "get a new graphics card or get more RAM." I think the problem would be fixed by an eventual patch of the game, but if anybody has a solution I appreciate it.

I have a Nvidia GeForce4 MX 440 graphic card.

The game works fine, but videos crash the game. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. After having updated my graphic card specs, it gets actually worst, now when a video appears, the computer reboots !

It's a 64 Mb graphic card so it meets the minimal requirements for the game. videos shouldn't reboot my computer this way. Anyway, I've removed the video from the game and it works now. But a patch would be good.

NB : I also have the swamps at the shores of rivers appearing in undiscovered lands... I thought it was a feature of the game but apparently it's not !

jofesh said:
I have many of the problems discussed here. Info:

AMD 2800+ (1.6 GHz)
512 MB RAM
nVIDIA GeForce FX 5700 LE

My problem: certain "layers" of graphics aren't shown. This is similar to the "Cheshire Cat" discussed in other threads. Sometimes all or most of the terrain is black and all I can see are blue outilines of the figures. Sometimes all of the graphics is ok except for I can't see some of the text. In order to fix this problem I alt-tab out and back into the program. Sometimes, that doesnt work so I then swith the "Anti-Aliasing Multisamples" to 2 (which makes the problem worse) and then back to 0. This usually works, but in network games usually crashes the game. I have udated my driver (to Forceware 81.85) and I still have the problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. However, note that I fully meet the recommended requirements and the solution shouldn't be: "get a new graphics card or get more RAM." I think the problem would be fixed by an eventual patch of the game, but if anybody has a solution I appreciate it.

Have you updated to the latest drivers - I beleive you should be running 81.85 - check out NDIVA's web site and go through their list of questions to hook you up w/ the latest.

I had old drivers, and I'm not ashamed to admit it, w/ a whole slew of problems - updating drivers was the key.

Hope this helps:)

ive just ordered a geforce 6600 agp8x will that be able to handle it?

jofesh said:
Johnny Tsunami:

As I stated I updated to Forceware 81.85

Aloha - sorry I didn't see your statement - do you have these issues w/ any other game - probally not though.

Have you brought up the city screen and then close it down - does it still happen?

I ask this b/c in one game I had the screen would get all hazy but opening and closing another screen brought it back.

I don't know what else to say -- have you placed a bug report?

Johnny Tsunami said:
Aloha - sorry I didn't see your statement - do you have these issues w/ any other game - probally not though.

Have you brought up the city screen and then close it down - does it still happen?

I ask this b/c in one game I had the screen would get all hazy but opening and closing another screen brought it back.

I don't know what else to say -- have you placed a bug report?

Thanks for thoughts. This problem occurs sometimes. Sometimes everything is fine, other times (maybe 70% of the time) certain objects, figures, terrain, buildings, or other graphical objects are not visible. At its worst I cant see anything ecept for an ugly outline of the figures. Often I can get the graphics to fix themselves but not always. If the graphics do fix themselves they usually stay fine untill a wonder movie or something like that. I did send an email to support.

I reinstalled, now the problem is worse. The graphics are never stable. If I start a new game they are screwed up. If I load a game the graphics may or may not be fine but even if they are fine if I zoom-in, zoom-out, or even move the view, things start to get screwy

DennisFord said:
I have a 2.8ghz AMD with a Gforce 5200 256mb Asylum card. I have 512mb 3200 (400 mhz) RAM. I run Windows XP Pro SP2 updated 100%. I also have the very newest video drivers.

Any help is much appreciated!

I'm not having any video problems. Running a P4 2.8, 2GB RAM, 256 Nvidia GeForce 6800GT. Windows XP SP2 and all the latest drivers. Good Luck!

jofesh said:
I reinstalled, now the problem is worse. The graphics are never stable. If I start a new game they are screwed up. If I load a game the graphics may or may not be fine but even if they are fine if I zoom-in, zoom-out, or even move the view, things start to get screwy

Aloha,
Just throwing out ideas here -- did you use the directX 9 that came w/ the game?

Do graphic glitches occur when you move your mouse?

Johnny Tsunami said:
Aloha,
Just throwing out ideas here -- did you use the directX 9 that came w/ the game?

Do graphic glitches occur when you move your mouse?
Yes used DirectX 9c or whatever came with disc, dont errors with mouse motion. I do have significantly less problems with low graphical quality setting.

Aloha,
Did try to get rid of animations and effects in the graphic option menu. Or play around w/ them to see if there is any difference

This may not be helpful, but I've got a 3 year old system with a P4 2.2MHz and a Geforce 4 4600 Ti. I installed the DirectX from the disc and the game worked perfectly straight away. Sometimes a bit slow on 1280x1024, but bearable. I have a recent driver 79.something, but not the latest.

Captain Sharpe said:
Just an update. Was experiencing the blue screen with sound at bootup, but couldn't see intro movie or menu. Installed latest nVidia driver for GeForce FX 5600 (81.85_forceware_winxp2k_english_whql.exe) downloaded from nVidia's site. Maintained the resolution at 1024x768. So far, it's worked flawlessly, but haven't progressed far enough to test the Wonder movies yet. Still crossing my fingers nothing else materializes that I've read about elsewhere here.

Specs: AMD Athlon 64, 3200+, MMX, 2.0 GHz, 1022 MB RAM

NVIDA GForce2 100/200 w/old drivers (2004)
I had (almost) the same thing, problems I had:

- Stopped at “check XML” box, then bailed to Desktop, didn’t run.
- Updated drivers from NVIDIA website, reboot.
- Reran the game, had it run, then freeze up just after configuring a game. The game wouldn’t start. Had to hard boot the PC.
- Reset the video to around 1024 x 756 resolution, this has worked before in other games. - Civ3 comes to mind …
- Ran thru tutorial partially, so far no problems. Still get the choppiness, I think about 2GB memory will take care of that.

I think they know about this/these issue(s). This is an instruction for fixing these issues I read from teh Civ4 website:
http://www.2kgames.com/civ4/support_ati.htm

BTW, I'm a newbe, good to meet ya! :goodjob:

Ge Force FX 5200 128MB No problems at all in all modes and resolutions supported. I haven't tried the custom resolutions in the .ini yet.

Quick question:
I've got a nVidia GeForce FX Go5200 on my Pentium 1.6Ghz Centrino laptop. Can i update my video card driver from nVidia using the GeForce drivers?

jofesh said:

I have the exact same problem, and discovered the exact same "reset anti-aliasing" fix to repair it for a little bit. I also have a machine with great specs which I just reinstalled Windows on, so I think we're looking at a bug in the game code here. :/

@jofesh: I don't think your video card is the problem. I have:

Althon XP 3000+
Abit NF7-S mobo w/ AC97 sound
1 GB RAM
Nvidia 5700LE 256 MB w/ 81.87 driver
WinXP Home SP2

I don't have the graphical errors you describe. My only problems are the wonder-movie and finale-movie sound skipping and the random CTDs/reboots (both of which are well-documented on a variety of systems). I can't fix your problem :sad:, but at least you can probably rule out one cause.

If you have additional questions, you can PM me.

game is a joke.. and is seriously need of a patch

OS xp2, amd64 3000+, 6800GT, 1gb ram, drivers 81.87

game continually crashes, everytime requiring a hard reboot, and dont know how it managed to do it, even reset my bios on one occasion .. very annoying.. add to that the general slowness, turns, moving, ghosting of workers as they move automated

no point in zooming to global level, game goes to a crawl, and i get graphical errors. map in the bottom right hand corner is useless, becomes grey static after a few turns.

i have 0 problems with all the new Fps games.. yet Civ IV, utterly f**** with my system.. i wonder where the fault lies?

Top Bottom