1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Old World has finally been released on GOG and Steam, besides also being available in the Epic store . Come to our Old World forum and discuss with us!
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] Occupied Capital penalty.

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Requests & Ideas' started by Grand Admiral Edward, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Grand Admiral Edward

Grand Admiral Edward Chieftain

Is there any way to remove that total piece of garbage? I sort of get the pre-garbage penalty so you can't kick out another player to vote against you in the World Congress, but it's WAY to stiff. Grievances decay, why not that penalty? Why should I have the same "Occupied Capital City" penalty in the Classical Era as in the Future Era? Is there a mod that removes it, or atleast balances it?

2. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am. Moderator

Make a simple mod and change the Value for "FAVOR_PER_OWNED_ORIGINAL_CAPITAL" in the GlobalParameters table from -5 to 0, or whatever you want.

3. Grand Admiral Edward

Grand Admiral Edward Chieftain

That's the problem. I have no clue where to start...

4. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am. Moderator

Lee's Civilization VI Modding Guide

Or, if you don't want to make a mod, you could just change the value in the game file "...\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\Gameplay\Data\GlobalParameters.xml" Not really recommended though.

5. Arstahd

Arstahd Chieftain