Offical thread for what we want to do next?

Just read sir duke's advert in OT, and cornmaster's response. It got me thinking and I'll throw this out for discussion. The multi-team demo game does sound interesting. I've faithfully stuck to this game just to see it to the end (and to be able to thumb our noses at all those who left midway through :p ) so have not really considered it before. Now that we are in position to start a new game, might we consider forming a team and participating in a MP demo game? We would have to be hosted at GC somehow, I realize, which may provide some difficulties. I know we can't afford more defections or splits, or there won't be enough here to play any kind of demo game. But what are the pros and cons of forming a CFC team and joining the the next MP demo game?

I would agree, but TF is dead against it, and I'm not sure what would happen if we had a CFC team on GC.

All right - I came across Duke's thread during an early morning romp through the OT just as I discussed how slowly summer vacation was going with a friend via IM. Coincidence? Perhaps, but I'm here and listening anyways. You have my ears, and possibly my participation :)

The Hippo has returned! :D Welcome back, CoH
We're actually just in the process of deciding what to do for our next game, so feel free to "weigh" in with your own ideas ;)

Weigh in? Sadly, I fear your scale facilities are ill-equipped to meet my exceptional needs :p

But glandular problems notwithstanding, I would lean towards playing a scenario rather than a full length game. One will offer a more detailed suggestiong later - he's required at the dinner table in two minutes now.

If you want to download the game Hippo, then I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at how Hippoville has grown into one of the major cornerstones of our empire, and a vital link in our trading network. :)

I'd like people to advise me on whether I ought to open a poll in this forum or wait for a new one to be set up so that we can decide what form the next game should take. I'd probably do one of those multi-option forums so that we can have a choice of
World Map,
Random Map,
Scenario,
and difficulty levels. (I don't know if we'll end up playing on anything but Deity with a difficulty level option but this is "a game of the people, played by the people, for the people!" ;) We need to have input from everyone so that it doesn't become the Autocracy game. I'd then ask those who voted for a scenario to suggest which one in a post so that we could then hold another vote with the suggestions made should scenario win the vote. I realise that this might make the difficulty level option obsolete as each scenario tends to have a recommended level set by the maker, although not all of them do. When should I make this poll?
Now?
Later?
Vote everyone! :D

You mean classic Civ2 instead of Civ2MGE. I think that would be a good idea as everybody who owns Civ2 can join in then without having to download big patches. I don't know if it would affect gameplay though....

I don't mind about the settings really, although I would like to see the game played on Diety because then I could learn some more. If its a good scenarion then it could be worth playing first and then play a longer standard demo game afterwards.

When this forum is archived we will be able to open new threads discussing the settings for the new game. It will look a bit messy in the beginning with these threads and the game starting but I think it's good to have the information on which settings are used and how this has been decided in the same forum as the forum in which the game itself is being discussed.

The way we will play the game and what functions (governor, minister) will be created will also depend on how many people will join in because when only a few will join polls will not be necessary very often and elections will not have to be held very frequently.

I know I'm a newbie so don't put too much weight on this but:

I'd vote for standard Civ2 as I have to play on a PC provided by work and can't load any patches and I'd like to participate.

If we go for a scenario I'd fancy the Roman from the standard Civ 2 pack on the grounds that's the only admn one I have never been able to win!

Big maps, fun early on, may get a bit turgid as time goes on. On balance would prefer a big map.

Deity - definitely - MUCH more fun!

Originally posted by civ1-addict
Citizen registry I think....the old one got closed remember?

I thought this was what you meant, but I wondered why I would be starting the next one. I didn't start the last one.

Top Bottom