1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Offical thread for what we want to do next?

Discussion in 'Civ2 - Game of Democracy' started by Dell19, Jun 26, 2002.

1. Dell19

Dell19 Take a break

Please everyone vote on the polls I have been creating as it will give a better idea of what everyone really wants to do...

2. starlifter

starlifter Deity

One general comment... the .SAV should be able to be read by 2.42 (Classic), 2.62 (CiC), 2.72 (FW), and 5.4.0f (MGE). This is so the max number of people can access the game. In effect, it means the game must be saved in 2.42 format, without any of the special options that can conflict with other versions.

Classic = "original", which is sold for less than $10 USD at discount stores.
    CiC = Conflicts in Civilization
    FW = Future Worlds
    MGE = Multiplayer Gold Edition

For those that can't use the .SAVs, like Sony Playstation, or no internet dowload privliges (e.g., work, or gov't access only), much participation is still possible, and we (some of us) will be posting key screenshots anyway.

So anyone of any skill level and game access should be able to participate in any event.

:)

3. Zwelgje

Zwelgje Deity

Exactly the reason why I want to play the classic version. The version a person owns should not be reason to not participate in the demo game.

4. starlifter

starlifter Deity

PS, I almost forgot our Civ 2 ToT players ;).... but they can also read a 2.42 (and MGE) save as far as I know. :)

5. Ren

Ren Communist Nazi

I'm pretty sure they aren't compatible, but a conversion tool is probably floating around somewhere...

6. Zwelgje

Zwelgje Deity

When playing Civ2MGE can you save the game in such a way classic players are able to read the saved game or do you have to downgrade MGE to classic to be able to do so?

7. Dell19

Dell19 Take a break

TOT needs an upgrade to use MGE but it can read the original files. I have ToT with the MGE patch so I am okay with all files...

8. seanwel

seanwel Emperor

In the first Game of Democracy, how many turn(s) were completed in a 24 hour period?

9. starlifter

starlifter Deity

You have to downgrade. I did it a few weeks ago, and just copied my original MGE directory to a new location, then applied Cedric's patch. It turns out Cedric includes 2.42, 2.62, and 2.78 .EXEs, so you can run all versions from the patched directory! I just made a shortcut to the Classic, plus my original MGE links (NO-CD and original installed CD-required EXE).