1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Official site updated!

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by toft, Oct 21, 2005.

1. Naveed

Naveed Chieftain

I love the new trailer, it's really nice :love:

2. josephstalin

josephstalin Kremlin Highlander

The trailer looks pretty cool. And the site is pretty good managed too.

3. Novaya Havoc

Novaya Havoc Hollerback for Catherine

Thank the lord for the new leaderheads. Catherine got off a lot easier than Peter -- and I love how Peter gets the Moscow background and Catherine has a Petersburg one. Great touches! EDIT: My bad. They're both from the Kremlin. :(

Liz, Isabella, Catherine, and Napoleon all have surprisingly attractive leaderheads. I've noticed that these "newer" leaderheads have thankfully avoided the cheese factor we see in the older ones (Hatshepsut, Louis, Gandhi, Qui Shi)

-B

4. ydejin

ydejin Warlord

It does appear to be a browser caching problem. I had the same problem in Mozilla Firefox, looked everywhere, nothing changed except interestingly enough the News section. I bailed, restarted the browser, still no difference. Then I cleared the Cache and voila, leaderheads are now updated.

No sure why deleting temporary files on IE didn't work for you.

5. Grimshok

Grimshok Chieftain

IF you still dont see the things people are talking about, ... a simple fix, for IE browsers, is to:

When viewing the page that SHOULD have the changes... press and hold [Shift] while then pressing the [Refresh] Icon in your toolbar (green arrows).

This should force your browser to pull a fresh download from the web, and update everything (FOR the page you Refreshed Only, however... so you may need to do it on each page you are trying to see).

To change this in IE for future visits, you can:
    go to the "Tools" pull down menu
    scroll down to "Internet Options..."
    on the "General" tab,
    second area down says "Temporary Internet files", hit the "Settings..." button
    and in the top "Check for newer versions of stored pages:" you may want to change this to check it Every Visit, or everytime you run IE.

Mine is set to 'Automatically' and seems to see the changes just fine, but who knows... you may have to bully your IE to show you changes. :p

6. NDCSPURS

NDCSPURS Chieftain

Thanks:goodjob: I changed the settings to Every visit and it works for everything except the trailer/downloads section that still says
    "Downloadable content for Civ IV is coming soon."
    I've tried deleting temporary files again and it's out on Monday anyway so I'm just going to wait.

7. Grimshok

Grimshok Chieftain

;) Try this link from the CivFanatics News Page to see the Trailer at Gamespot :)

8. Arturus

Arturus Warlord

Brilliant idea!