Oh, Dear God...the Waiting

Helmling

Philosopher King
This is the worst part, my friends.

Seriously, it's like army ants under my skin already and we don't even have a release date!

I don't remember how long we had to wait from announcement to download for G&K--I guess my memory of that wait was erased by the first fix. I'm pretty, sure, though that the endless speculation about what may or may not be in the expansion on these boards didn't help any more than it is right now (but I'm also sure I participated in that endless speculation anyway--just like this time). The wait is the worst.

I know once I get that BNW in my system, then I'll be fine ...but...for...now...the...damn...ants...

Reset your expectations.
Don't even start to think about the waiting.
We're ages away from coming close to finding out about a release date.
Keep expectations low, say to yourself "it's not gonna be released until the very end of the northern summer" and you'll be fine.

In the meantime, my thoughts are with you, because - my dear civfanatic comrad - I know all too well how you're feeling :pat:

I love Gods & Kings and I have a cool America game going on, but I keep thinking about trade routes and world congress while playing.. :cry:

I'm satisfied for a couple of months if PAX gives us 6-10 screenshots and a few more Civilizations, promise!

The likely release is around the week of July the 22th, so there's no point working yourself up too much right now. That's around 125 days to go.

This is why an earlier announcement wouldn't have been that good. Your current fix might be a little less satisfying when you know a superior product is out there.

The likely release is around the week of July the 22th, so there's no point working yourself up too much right now. That's around 125 days to go.

My guess is around the week of August the 19th.
I might be able to back that up with Oracle Bones.

Being a hard-working father and all, I'd actually prefer Heinage's late date, When G&K came around in early summer last year, it was the worst possible time, so I simply didn't get to play it until this year. The good thing about that, however, is that G&K is like new to me, and I have all those civs to play and experience. Also, I've begun playing those wonderful GotM-games, so hopefully time will fly by till late summer. :)

This is the problem I had last time. A new game can be announced a year ahead of time, but an expansion actually makes the current game less valuable and fun to play.

Last time, I believe they announced in February. At least this time they waited until the last minute they could because I assume they'd have to announce before the conventions if they want to show them off. So I guess they did things as best they could.

I love Gods & Kings and I have a cool America game going on, but I keep thinking about trade routes and world congress while playing.. :cry:

I'm satisfied for a couple of months if PAX gives us 6-10 screenshots and a few more Civilizations, promise!

Same here! But I want at least another 1-2 civs revealed in those screenshots!

The likely release is around the week of July the 22th.
If we look at Gods & Kings we see that the announcement was on the 16th of februari and the release date was on the 22nd of june.
As we're a month later, a date of around the 22nd of july isn't improbable.
Although the announcement is, of course, also directed by the Pax date.

As a fan of A song of Ice and Fire, this waiting seems like small fish to me :p but I would love to have a concrete date on PAX.

If we look at Gods & Kings we see that the announcement was on the 16th of februari and the release date was on the 22nd of june.
As we're a month later, a date of around the 22nd of july isn't improbable.
Although the announcement is, of course, also directed by the Pax date.

Warlords and Beyond the Sword were also released around that time after a similar announcement time.

Keep in mind that it's the week of the 22nd of July, as release dates vary from country to country generally.

My guess is around the week of August the 19th.
I might be able to back that up with Oracle Bones.

Not a hope they'd release it that late. Expansions are released during June or July for the Civilization series, and I doubt they'd change now.

You think a few months is waiting? TRY 4 YEARS! Of waiting for Diablo 3 from its announcement, only for it to end up a terrible game with the worst DRM possible...

After that disappointment, I'm extremely happy to only have to wait a few months. :)

As a fan of A song of Ice and Fire, this waiting seems like small fish to me :p but I would love to have a concrete date on PAX.

Agreed! It'll be another god knows how many years until The Winds of Winter is published. :p

You think a few months is waiting? TRY 4 YEARS! Of waiting for Diablo 3 from its announcement, only for it to end up a terrible game with the worst DRM possible...

After that disappointment, I'm extremely happy to only have to wait a few months. :)

Don't forget Sim City. Even ignoring the terrible experience destroying DRM, the game itself from what I've seen is a pack of lies anyhow.

Then there's Spore...

I think that the release will be in September because for G & K Firaxis said in spring 2012 and the release was in June.

I think that the release will be in September because for G & K Firaxis said in spring 2012 and the release was in June.

It will be released before the end of July.

Top Bottom