OK, who nuked me?

Creepy Old Man

Warlord
So I'm currently at war with both Catherine and Gengis. Both have nuclear capacity. I happen to look at the west end of my empire (huge map) while choosing new build orders ... and there's a mess of fallout around a couple of my cities there.

It occurs to me ... maybe I should have been told when this happened?

I don't know who nuked me. I don't even know if it was last turn, or if there's been fallout there for a couple turns that I didn't see. What I do know is that I pay attention to all the message spam I get, and if anyone had told me when I was nuked, I'd have seen it.

:mad::mad::mad:

My messages stop appearing on the right side after a while in every game. It's pretty annoying losing that info all of a sudden, a bug?

Excellent point, Creepy. Has Civ5 revoked the 'Show Enemy Moves' option? I don't recall seeing it in the settings screen.

:confused:

more than likely, the atomic bomb or nuclear missile grabbed screen focus, and in frustration you grabbed in back, missing the action.

Still, it's hard to tell who's bombing you into the stone age.

So I'm currently at war with both Catherine and Gengis. Both have nuclear capacity. I happen to look at the west end of my empire (huge map) while choosing new build orders ... and there's a mess of fallout around a couple of my cities there.

It occurs to me ... maybe I should have been told when this happened?

I don't know who nuked me. I don't even know if it was last turn, or if there's been fallout there for a couple turns that I didn't see. What I do know is that I pay attention to all the message spam I get, and if anyone had told me when I was nuked, I'd have seen it.

:mad::mad::mad:
Hehe, the Perfect Crime:)

Wait 'til you get struck by an FTL driven UFO laser beam -- from an invasion squad dispatched in the next theoretical DLC designed to exploit a new highly complex Futuristic ERA.

Nukes, who needs nukes - when real Aliens can do much worst the right way!
:cool::D

Better check that you didn't have one of your own nuclear reactors explode. I saw a comment somewhere that the AI didn't use nukes (in previous versions?) as it just wasn't fun for the human player.

If you've got an auto-save which shows you were nuked and there was no message then you should post it in the bugs forum. It's not going to happen so often that other people will have reported it.

the same thing happened to me, except i know who it was as i was only at war with one player. However im not sure what turn it happened. i didnt see anything. i didnt get any messages.

Yes, this needs to be fixed. Personally, I very often leave the computer when I press end turn in late game. It simply takes so long I grab a cup of coffee and a smoke, write some crap here, read the news, take a leak or whatever.

Wait 'til you get struck by an FTL driven UFO laser beam -- from an invasion squad dispatched in the next theoretical DLC designed to exploit a new highly complex Futuristic ERA.

Nukes, who needs nukes - when real Aliens can do much worst the right way!
:cool::D

Civilization: Independence Day
Soon in a store near you,
The new era begins,
at the 4th of July.

Top Bottom