Old World GOTM

With the release of this wonderful game, will there be any interest in a GOTM type challenge?
I think there is ! Old World has au automatic "Game Of The Week" challenge, which can be accessed directly from the game menu.

We have some ideas about single player challenges (well I do anyway, nothing decided or planned, don't read too much into this statement), but would be happy to hear feedback and suggestions about such potential feature. What would *you* enjoy ?

Just purchased Old World on STEAM and am trying to get more familiar with the game. I have much to learn.

How would we define a Victory Condition for a Game of the Month?
Fastest victory does not seem appropriate from what I know thus far?

Having players play from a common save can help learning, but it seems Old World has a lot of random quest type activity, can games be compared well enough?

Just purchased Old World on STEAM and am trying to get more familiar with the game. I have much to learn.

How would we define a Victory Condition for a Game of the Month?
Fastest victory does not seem appropriate from what I know thus far?

Having players play from a common save can help learning, but it seems Old World has a lot of random quest type activity, can games be compared well enough?

Great questions & per Victory Conditions, maybe not using the Ambition Victory could be an option...or not.
Agreed on the 'rng' aspects, but with all other things being equal...same map & starting civs, plus all the options being identical, it could still offer a fun challenge/comparison for all involved.
Certainly the many stories per the different family struggles, successes, & failures would make for some good reading...for those willing to share.

It might be nice to have old school write-ups of what happened, rather than just or only fastest to x victory. i'm thinking of Realms Beyond stuff they used to do with civ 3 and 4.

We made quite a few reports of GOTWs on discord (usually in threads now archived), and played quite a few on streams too. I guess we could simply make thread here too :)
there is a dedicated channel on discord where players regularly discuss their experience with the GOTW, even if the people writing full reports are a minority (as should be expected)

I did try to find some discussions about the GOTW on the web. I understand now why I couldn't find anything, if it's hidden in a Discord server.
So something here would at least be searchable with an old school web search engine :p

We made quite a few reports of GOTWs on discord (usually in threads now archived), and played quite a few on streams too. I guess we could simply make thread here too :)
there is a dedicated channel on discord where players regularly discuss their experience with the GOTW, even if the people writing full reports are a minority (as should be expected)
Please, if it is not too much aggro to do it.
Not everyone uses so-called 'social' media - I for one will not go near it for anything.

Please, if it is not too much aggro to do it.
Not everyone uses so-called 'social' media - I for one will not go near it for anything.
Well, this is a forum, feel free to start your own thread and tell your story :) I for sure will be happy and interested to read it :)
I don't know if there are conventions to organize such things around CFC, but even if there are I'm sure no one would have an issue with a new thread.

Discord is more a chat application than a social network but you don't have to use it :)

Top Bottom