1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Omg, someone help me with my game!!

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Strategy & Tips' started by R3dKnight, May 22, 2003.

1. R3dKnight

R3dKnight Warlord

Is the computer cheating? Or has unfair advantage?
    Because no matter what I do, they seem to keep out-researching and out-expanding me. AND allying against me!

It's very very demoralizing to make it to the 900 AD with several wonders and decent tech, only to get the Persians demanding tribute after tributes (gold I can give, but GUNPOWDER?!) and when I refused, they proceed to send all the Knights/Immortals at me. I can hold up a while. But then they called upon the Romans. I can take on 2. But just barely.

It's alright, but then they signed another with the Zulus. I mean, where's the justice? Who's the agressor?!! I went to find another ally as a buffer state, the Japanese. By Handing over the secret of Gunpowder to them so they may defend themselves better in exchange for MA. They got crushed before their first Musketman is produced. And then the Chinese and Egyptians joined the Persian's Alliance. ARGH. 5 v 2. Omg. The Japanese disappeared into the pages of history. And after seeing 10-30 Knights rumbling to my doorstep, my head can't take it anymore. #$@$#^ What am I doing wrong? I'm damn gracious when dealing with other Civs!! :mad:

2. earendil 1

earendil 1 The Halfelven

That can happen if you dont sign military alliances yourself. The Ais wont sign a military alliance with someone they're at war with. And it looks like your dead now, but you might be able to sign peace treaties with everyone if you can bribe them enough.

3. R3dKnight

R3dKnight Warlord

Sigh, 10 Impis, 20 Knights, 15 Immortals,......god. How to sue for peace? ....maybe I can bribe those Persians off. Yeah. That could be it.

4. Speaker

Speaker Deity

Here is a simple solution: If an AI Civ has such an overwhelming army, give in to their demands, build up your own military, and make them pay.

5. superslug

superslug Still hatin' on Khan Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

Forgive me for asking, but perhaps you're playing a level too high? Also, who are you playing as? Have you had your GA yet? What's your UU?

6. Bamspeedy

Bamspeedy We'll dig up the road!

As soon as the Persians declared war on you, then get the other civs against Persia before he gets their help. The other AI will be more than happy (most of the time) to fight for you if you give them a tech or something (sometimes you can get their help for free, or a very small fee).

7. scotland_no1

scotland_no1 Jimmy Hat Salesman

dont u just love it when u get the help of the most powerful nation for free :0

ahhh

8. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

You could also upload your game here, and we could take a look at it. This would also be best asked in Strats & Tips.

9. R3dKnight

R3dKnight Warlord

ok. i just had to give in to their demands. sigh. lol that's the way it works I guess.