1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

On technologies and unit graphics

Discussion in 'FfH2 Modmods, Scenarios, and Maps' started by Swodhawk, Mar 23, 2008.

1. Swodhawk

Swodhawk Chieftain

I am wondering how to disable a tech (actually that enables the use of Musketeers and Canons / Dwarven Canons, since I have a deep dislike for those units).

I went to my folder
    C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Fall from Heaven 2 030\Assets\XML\Technologies

and somehow before deleting the whole tech considered that this may turn out to be unwise, should it cause some unforeseen issues :crazyeye:

---------------------------------------------------------------------

On a minor note I am also struggling to figure out how to replace unit graphics with new ones from packs, not ones already on the folders (say you import a unit pack, put it into

C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Fall from Heaven 2 030\Assets\Art\Units\Civs

and then I think you have to go back to

C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Fall from Heaven 2 030\Assets\XML\Units

and find something with Meshes and so... If there is a tutorial somewhere that I may have overlooked please indicate it to me.

Thanks in advance.

2. xienwolf

xienwolf Deity

Best way to avoid any issues would be change <bDisable>0</bDisable> to <bDisable>1</bDisable>.

This makes it unavailable for research, but still in the game for reference if needed.

So what is the question about Unit Graphics though?

3. Swodhawk

Swodhawk Chieftain

Thanks a lot Xienwolf. I forgot to include my second question before posting, kind of "touched" today.

4. xienwolf

xienwolf Deity

Ok, for new units art you don't want XML/Units, you want XML/ART

The file you are looking for is ArtDefines_Unit

Change the NIF and KFM to point at the appropriate new material and you are set.

The XML/Units area is where it states how many of the unit show up, and which specific units if there are different ones (like a scout with a wolf). The first one that it calls will determine what the button is for the unit as well. But if you aren't changing how many of the unit show up on the map then you just need to look at that for reference in the XML/Art folder.

5. Swodhawk

Swodhawk Chieftain

Many thanks again. Will do what you say and see the outcome.