Its a Netherlands site with english and german language

------------------
Gauis Mucius Scaevola
Older, richer, and wiser than you.

Originally posted by Lefty Scaevola:
rules and stategy for a standardised one city challenge are at
http://members.home.nl/paulvdb/occ.htm

Its a Netherlands site with english and german language

They have some rules that aren't very consistent. Either go with what the game designers meant or don't. this picking and choicing what rules you like is pretty stupid. Example: Rule: 1.4.1. AIRBASES ON HILLS, not allowed, but Rule: 1.4.4. INCREMENTAL RUSHBUYING, allowed.

Thanks for the link and the bump though Lefty.

------------------
<FONT face="tahoma">All rights reserved, all wrongs avenged.

Go to the site...
Read the rules...
stop and think...
Discard the rules!!!

And play some Civ2!!!

------------------
S.P.Q.R.

I was part of the rules makers.Many people were.It was done by vote-majority rules.
Incremental rushbuying is an intrical part of the game.Several designers agreed it was technique not a cheat.

Airbasing was another story.The manuals states it is for planes and missles.NOT free irrigation and railroads.This was a programing limitation of the time.Also the effects of airbasing with a single city were silly.Cities with 170+ sheild output with no food deficit is not what was intended.
iirc-I voted for it but accepted the majority.I wanted it more for defense more than anything else.

Some standards were needed for "official" records to be valid.Unless you are trying to surpass an official record,then do whatever you want.

It was close in regards to advanced tribes.Many wanted to have reload and the hut is now and forever OFF LIMITS.Fortunately,reload and re-enter won out.

Top Bottom