One or more player options are invalid - MP

Tony Rodd

Chieftain
Hi there

I've been getting the below message when in the multiplayer hosting room and can't click "ready":
"one or more player options are invalid"

There are 3 human players
All have the same version of Civ
All have the same DLC and the DLC active
It has happened to 2 of the 3 players
Once the message comes up, you can't get rid of it
Once the message is up, you can't click (or unclick) the "ready" button
It seems to come up once someone has chosen a Civ or a difficulty

We resolved this by having another player host, but I'd like to fix the issue ideally.

Any thoughts?

I'm having the same issue. Any luck?
Kinda...Firstly, make sure there are no mods or DLC turned on unless everyone has it.

Next, don't select your Civ, change the difficulty or do anything else until all players have joined. Then, once all in, make the choices and changes and you should be fine

Bumping this to ask for help. Started getting this on Mac: 2 player game, identical versions and DLC. Game runs fine during first session, but when Player 2 joins the saved game the next time, one computer player is missing altogether and another is showing with a blank name. Player 1 (Host) sees everything normally. P2 cannot click Ready and so we cannot restart the game. No tweaking of difficulty, civs etc, Host has done nothing before P2 joins. Guess it could just be a corrupted game file, but odd that it should happen to one player and not the other. Trying any of the available Autosaves does not make a difference.

I had this issue and resolved it by turning off the "Private Game" option while everyone was in the lobby, and then turning it back on. It allowed everyone to ready up then.

I had this issue and resolved it by turning off the "Private Game" option while everyone was in the lobby, and then turning it back on. It allowed everyone to ready up then.
Just wanted to say I made an account specifically to say thanks Revna.

This fix worked for me when I had the exact same issue with friends.

Top Bottom