One tip for each CIV

Here is a tip against another civ:

Iraquois: Declare war, send in your workers, chop down his forests.

Aztecs: XIMICACAN XIMICACAN XIMICACAN

Huns: XIMICACAN XIMICACAN XIMACACAN

Zulu's: XIMICACAN XIMICACAN XIMACACAN

Mongols: XIMICACAN XIMICACAN XIMACACAN

England: Wait till navigation, build SotL's, then XIMICACAN XIMICACAN XIMACACAN

Netherlands: Settle those Marshes. They look crap now. They will look glorious in a while.

Poor India...

INDIA: stay tall, build up a high pop empire, then conquer everyone once you pick autocracy.

The UA will make taking those huge AI cities very manageable. Puppets like defensive buildings, so you'll get tourism for castles. Build the Neusch and win

INDIA:

First 100 Turns - Curse at the screen, rage quit several times, Be pissed at AI settling handicaps and happiness.:mad::o:nono::mad::mad::satan::hammer2:

T101-Infinity Smile! :):king::cool::goodjob::thumbsup:

Either Crush and destroy every city because mughal forts are awesome and automatically built, Get Order and grab Iron Curtain, smash everything in sight and Grow even more.

OR

Go tall save on NOT building Zoos and Stadiums and that trash since u dont need to. Circus Maximus, 4-5 Different Luxuries, and Several Key Wonders/Policies if usually enough.

:dance:

Grab Civil Society and Treaty and Befriend Everything.

India I feel is the ONLY civ where its open ended between Freedom and Order. Unless there is another perspective I can get on this.

Polynesia: (embarkation early game is AMAZING at grabbing workers/screwing AIs... their 5 pathetic warriors cannot reach your scout in his merry little boat; when exploring hilly areas around the coast, you cover more ground while swimming rather than walking... build moais in clumps and use food ships to compensate for not working farms = huge culture)

INDIA:
India I feel is the ONLY civ where its open ended between Freedom and Order. Unless there is another perspective I can get on this.

I actually like Autocracy. It makes conquering much easier, plus gives you silly amounts of happiness. Then again, I tend to be a late game Autocratic warlord :)

[Songhai] Then, turn on raging barbarians and start again.

Raging doesn't increase how many camps appear, though. Neither Germany nor Songhai UA benefits from raging, aside from the general buff to Honor.

Denmark: Set difficulty to settler for any hope if winning.

No, just take Honor, chill out for a while - literally relax and do whatever you want, it doesn't matter if your empire sucks - when you're ready conquer the world with instant-shoot siege units on any difficulty

byzantium: whatever you do, don't try to win a CV with faith and picking that +2 tourism per faith building reformation belief. not unless you have a lot of faith in the non-game sense.

Siam: Play before patch and PTP every CS after getting consulates...nah, jokes. Go patronage and ally with as many maritime CS' as possible.

Maya: If there's room, go wide, open piety, and build your UB's ASAP. Grab messenger God pantheon too. And also try to get to theology ASAP. It's the difference between 5-6 great people anyway.

Inca: Settle near mountains, especially those hilly valley areas between mountains to make epic use of UI. Hopefully, Mt Kilamanjaro is nearby and you can rickroll your neighbours.

Brazil: get jungle pantheon ASAP, find all civs early, go tall and keep pumping out tourism. Beeline to internet and make sure you win the International Games.

France: Build all the cultural wonder civs in capitol...and surrender to your neighbours because you won't have time building musketeers whilst getting Globe Theatre, Uffizi, Sistine Chapel, Lourve and Broadway in the capitol (historical stereotypical joke). Not really recommended for higher difficulties unless your tech is superb. Rage every time you miss a culture wonder because it means your UA is less effective each time it happens.

Poland: Have a clear plan with your social policies. Your UA basically means a free policy tree throughout the course of the game.

Byzantium:leave the wide sacred sites trick to MP games because no other player would ever go for sacred sites unless they're going wide. I've had one MP game with AI Byzantium and the AI was nearly smart enough to pull off that trick. Got all 3 religious buildings, but chose Jesuit education instead.

China: Liberty/honour. UB covers gold problems, liberty covers better management of wide empires, honor amplifies UA and if filled, solves gold problems, UU and UA covers future domination.

Japan, Venice, Portugal: Restart until you get a (decent) coastline. Get Colossus ASAP.

Russia: open tradition but complete liberty, go wide, get 15% faster border expansion pantheon, build UB. Insane land grabs.

Morroco: Restart the game because I swear this UA doesn't even work, or at least it doesn't work for sea trade routes. It definitely benefits other civs with the +2 :c5gold: per:trade:, but not me. Unless you're in desert mainly, UU will put you in safe hands. And obviously get Petra ASAP.

Zulus: Build up about 10 impis (obviously after Ikanda and armory are up) and save the impis for later, upgrade them all up to mechanized infantry and go nuts. Choose shock 1, then cover 1 and 2, then shock 2 and siege to make your upgraded impis impossible to kill on flat terrain. Grab the +50% XP in Honor to speed up their development. After rifling, make sure you keep them alive.

Koreans See if you can get GL, turtle up, build heaps of GP tile improvements and...???...science profit!

Celts: Adapt to your surroundings. Religion is Celtia's game and it's very malleable. I tend to do a tall civ with tradition first row (free amphi's are nice) and then skunk out Piety. After that, it's spread, spread, spread.

If they don't see reason... well, they'll see reason one way or another.

Siam: Play before patch and PTP every CS after getting consulates...nah, jokes. Go patronage and ally with as many maritime CS' as possible.

As Siam I favour cultural CSes a lot - in the earliest game that 50% boost will speed you through early policy trees. Key for starting with Siam: explore to find CSes ASAP, make a particular effort to fulfill CS quests.

Japan, Venice, Portugal: Restart until you get a (decent) coastline. Get Colossus ASAP.

Good advice for Carthage too. I played a game recently with a Carthage start where I had all of one available coastal city spot (not Carthage itself).

Morroco: Restart the game because I swear this UA doesn't even work, or at least it doesn't work for sea trade routes. It definitely benefits other civs with the +2 :c5gold: per:trade:, but not me. Unless you're in desert mainly, UU will put you in safe hands. And obviously get Petra ASAP.

I've only had one really good desert game as Morocco (and then I lost to an invasion) - they don't seem to have a desert start bias. You do get the extra gold and culture for trade routes at least by land; pretty sure also by sea. What it appears not to do is attract AI trade - as with the various 'AI gets gold bonuses for trading with you' buildings, the code that would prompt AIs to increase trade with you appears not to be implemented.

Koreans See if you can get GL, turtle up, build heaps of GP tile improvements and...???...science profit!

Korea: Don't waste effort trying to get GL, as it gives the same bonus from the UA when building it as a library, and you don't get an extra boost from the free library. Getting the library up fast gets you the UA bonus more quickly.

On the other hand, you do want the GL as France, since you want the theming bonus.

Byzantium: Use every fibre of your being to get a religion, preferably first if at all possible. Then spread it like wildfire. Annhilate every other religion in the world (through force of arms if necessary), and then win using whichever bonuses you got.

Huns: If your starting warrior is upgraded to a battering ram from ruins very early, send it to a nearby city state (or even player's city) to conquer. Usually the ram can take the city on its own.

Netherlands 1: Use the UA to get 2 happiness (-2 +4) if you need it fast, and have no double luxes to trade and AI does.

Netherlands 2: Don't ever underestimate the power of polders even if it's a desert river start.

Morrocco: Restart after you spawn in tundra with nothing to do. If you're lucky enough to spawn close to a desert, SPAM SANDCASTLES EVERYWERE! Also, get Petra.

Celts: Get stonehedge if you can, and continue to get faith through your UU by killing all barbarians around. Then take over the world with your newly founded religion.

Good luck!

Top Bottom