Open offices needing appointments

donsig said:
I think we are lacking a CJ ruling. I can certainly give you one right now if you want it. It would be a simple matter of the CJ writing judicial procedures to handle unfinished cases that need to be transferred from one term to the next. As CJ I would rule that the 72 hour period must be allowed to elapse before appointments can be made. This ruling as CJ coupled with the ruling the PD made last term would be enough to put this JR into the books.

Umm, no we're not going to allow the same individual to rule from two different positions on the same JR.

I wish to apply for any open governor office :)

Applying a little logic to Donsig's threat to not recognize a Judicial appointment that doesn't wait for 3 days, how long will it take to get a full complement of offices?

3 days to wait for the Judicial appointment means May 4th our Judiciary can start working on procedures. Assuming we even have an applicant for the open Judiciary position. Then if we're lucky the procedures will be agreed to in another 2-3 days. Then applications for Secretary of State can open around May 6 and close May 9, then the Judiciary has to approve the appointment. Someone we know has a record for slowing the game down gets to decide how that process happens. Let's give them a good 3 days to discuss the appointment for good measure.

Looks like May 12 is about when we can expect a SoS to be in place. I'm not doing any trades as DP unless a legal instruction is posted, and since the SoS is the only official who can legally post a trade instruction...

If you think that's too long to wait, you know who the cause of all this potential delay is.

Daveshack

I hereby apply for SoS. IF I am to take this postion I must resign as governor or Abydos.( which I will do once you select me)

We need an SoS now because without which we can not stop the Mongolian war or condcut any trades....in other words we are without a TC until someone is in the SoS office. As for my qualifications, I am active in the game and have been SoW for the last 2 terms

We're now in a period which will inadvertently make Donsig's point look valid. I can't spend a lot of time on looking at the appointments until tonight, due to having to deal with a 4-letter word which starts with 'W'.

In the meantime, Donsig actually had a good idea. If the applicants who are new to the game would do us the favor of starting discussions on the things you think need to be done for the areas you're applying for, it would really help the game a lot. :D Please, only the first applicant for a position should open a discussion, a 2nd or subsequent thread would be a distraction. Points will definitely be deducted for competing threads. :nono:

DaveShack said:
Applying a little logic to Donsig's threat to not recognize a Judicial appointment that doesn't wait for 3 days, how long will it take to get a full complement of offices?

3 days to wait for the Judicial appointment means May 4th our Judiciary can start working on procedures. Assuming we even have an applicant for the open Judiciary position. Then if we're lucky the procedures will be agreed to in another 2-3 days. Then applications for Secretary of State can open around May 6 and close May 9, then the Judiciary has to approve the appointment. Someone we know has a record for slowing the game down gets to decide how that process happens. Let's give them a good 3 days to discuss the appointment for good measure.

Looks like May 12 is about when we can expect a SoS to be in place. I'm not doing any trades as DP unless a legal instruction is posted, and since the SoS is the only official who can legally post a trade instruction...

If you think that's too long to wait, you know who the cause of all this potential delay is.

The President (and Governor's Council if it exists) can make the call for applicants any time after the term begins. I believe the President has already done this for the positions he can appoint so the clock is already ticking on the 72 hours. Since the Cheif Justice is (IIRC) responsible for setting judicial procedures they can be in place tonight. I know that in the past all three justices approved judicial procedures but that was never legally necessary (was it?). In these circumstances I am quite willing to set procedures myself (or preferably with the concurrence of the other sitting justice). Assuming Cyc and I can agree on things there is no reason we cannot approve whatever needs approving. If two out of three potential justices agree then it matters not what the third would or would not say.

I see no legal reason why we cannot have officials legally installed long before the first week of the term is over.

I'm glad to hear that one of my ideas was good anyway. I do hope some discussions are begun. They might even rekindle my interest in the [civ4] game we're trying to play.

DaveShack said:
In the meantime, Donsig actually had a good idea. If the applicants who are new to the game would do us the favor of starting discussions on the things you think need to be done for the areas you're applying for, it would really help the game a lot. :D Please, only the first applicant for a position should open a discussion, a 2nd or subsequent thread would be a distraction. Points will definitely be deducted for competing threads. :nono:

If i were to post such a discussion would i post it in the Citzen's section or gov. section?

You know what all of this is, judiciary garbage. Anyway, if there are any positions you feel need to be filled, I'll take them (currently I am governor of Auda City however.)

ice2k4 said:
You know what all of this is, judiciary garbage. Anyway, if there are any positions you feel need to be filled, I'll take them (currently I am governor of Auda City however.)

Given this sort of respect for our legal system from our officials it's a wonder there is any apathy or disinterest in this game. :rolleyes:

ice2k4 said:
I think you missed the majority of the posts in this thread :crazyeye: Most people have already siad they would like to be certtain positions. And it also seems you miss understood a large part of the CoL on how people are appointed to vacancies. If only it was that easy :mischief:

I knew I'd take some flak for that. Anyway, I understand it all, and I only offered a general appointment, because many people are leaving their current office to fill higher level offices. I haven't looked, or counted how many people appointed compared to the number of positions open, but I'm pretty sure the ratio is lower.

And I also think that this demogame has made it so much harder for things to get done, because were so strict on laws. I don't like the judiciary system, because it always goes to the current laws even in times of need. This isn't the real life government, and I just believe everyone should lighten up.

Actually, people can only leave their current office to apply for a vacant one if there are no others interested in applying who don't have offices.

Lemme sort out what applications have already been placed, and update which positions have none.

The place to put discussions is in the citizens subforum.

Summary of applications (shorthand notes to myself so some names may be partial or inaccurate)

ilr_18 Culture
robboo BW
dutchfire science
bclg100 science (defer to dutch), BW
vind2 culture
georgeop MOI
robboo SoS
BCLG BW or Abydos (if robboo chosen)
ice2k4 any
CG JA or Abydos

now, who already has offices, there's a good question... :crazyeye:

The priorities are SoS, Science, MOI, JA, Culture. The governor position(s) would be handled by the Governors Council, as previously noted by several people.

Please reply if you've applied and I missed it, got something wrong, or if you currently hold an office.

As I've said in other places, I don't think the President is restricted to choosing only from the formal applicant pool, but is restricted from choosing an existing office holder if anyone applies for that position who doesn't have an office.

Reposting my application that I posted in the president's office.
If robboo accepts his possition for SoS, I would like to apply for the governorship possition of Abydos .

If that is not possible, I would like to apply for the Judge Advocate possition as an alternative choice to apply :).

Thanks,
CivGeneral

so when can we start working and get this game running again?

dutchfire said:
so when can we start working and get this game running again?

As a citizen you can be contributing at any time. We urgently need to set our science direction, and therefore need some activity in the science discusion thread. Someone ;) might want to open the save to get a list of things we can research and how long each one takes, and post it to that thread.

CivGeneral said:
Reposting my application that I posted in the president's office.
If robboo accepts his possition for SoS, I would like to apply for the governorship possition of Abydos .

If that is not possible, I would like to apply for the Judge Advocate possition as an alternative choice to apply :).

Thanks,
CivGeneral

Since you have indicated willingness to serve as Judge Advocate and there are no other applicants for that position, that's the way I'd go if nothing else changes. However, we need a strong committment for regular attendence, and swift action once a ruling is needed. I will assume your application implies that level of committment unless you say otherwise. :)

As much as I would like to ignore Donsig's threat regarding making these appointments before 72 hours :p, as I intended to do all along, RL has intervened in the form of a problem with my car's cooling system. :aargh: :mad: Coupled with also having to get some work done in my day job, it may be after 5PM my time (midnight GMT) before I can get things posted. :cringe:

Do not misinterpret this lack of action as accepting the existence of a time limit on appointments. :rolleyes: I know that all but one or maybe two of the dozen or so people we have left after all this legal wrangling would say just do it. :cool:

Top Bottom