Operation Seelowe.

Yeah, I thought the big 1/2 tracks were a bit of a stretch. I wanted to work them in, but I'm sure there will be other opportunities. I'll use the 251, though with the SS insignia, because I think it's more recognizable, but thank you. I'll use the Opel for the motorized divisions, and the 251 for the motorized infantry rgts. in the Panzer divisions. Similarly, I'll use the Bren Carrier for the infantry in the British armoured divisions.

sounds good

For the new units (thank you again), I've got the Flak38 and the GebG 36 7.5 for the falschirmjaeger and air-landing divisions and the Flak36 as light AA attached to divisions and at airfields. Sound right? Do you know if the 7.5 artillery could be transported on both gliders and in Ju-52s? It looks a bit...heavy.

yeah I think the pic of the GebG36 was a little too chunky. Here's a slightly slimmer version. This is an interesting reference to their use by FJ in Crete. I don't think it mentions whether the guns were glider-borne or airlifted in by Ju-52, but they got to Crete by air somehow. The AA gun use sounds right.

http://arnhemjim.blogspot.co.uk/2011/04/fallschirmjager-artillery-during.html

GebG 36 on a diet.png

I am so looking forward to this scenario. The map looks great. The units are awesome, and it'll be my first time playing one of your scenarios in a long while as the links of the scenario league no longer work! I cannot wait :)

Last edited:
When I was looking into a battle of Crete scenario (I have a Maleme to Heraklion Civ2 map somewhere) I had modded a light single 20mm AA gun, used by the fallschirmjäger (the Flak 30). I can redo it, if you wish. It is essentially the same weapon as the Flak 38 though.

Thanks T. I think I've got what I need, but the more the merrier! Add it to the mix.

Here is the ever-so-close-to-being-final Units file. Would someone do me the favour of helping the Cr. 42 out of it's desert camo and into a green colour scheme like the other Italian aircraft? Then it is indeed finished!

A note on the white symbols, in case they aren't self-explanatory. The parachute obviously indicates they have the para flag; those with wings may not jump, but can be carried in gliders or Ju-52s. The "C" means these aircraft can operate from aircraft carriers. The triangle indicates mountain-capable units that can enter impassible terrain (mountains, cliffs, and swamp). All British non-motorized units will also have this ability, but will not have the symbol.

Attachments

• Units.bmp
    1.8 MB · Views: 371
Here is the ever-so-close-to-being-final Units file. Would someone do me the favour of helping the Cr. 42 out of it's desert camo and into a green colour scheme like the other Italian aircraft? Then it is indeed finished!

The camo is OK as it is I think (2nd pic down obv):

cr42bbb.jpg

Here's confirmation: One shot down over Lowestoft

Crashed_Fiat_CR42_near_Lowestoft_1940.jpg

This parachute by Catfish is very nice. Maybe you could use it?

Catfish parachute.png

BTW, I included a German WW2 camo Ju-52 in the compilation on the ww2 units thread if you want to use it.

Last edited:
Here's a great view of the green blobs and my effort to reproduce them for your discerning eye ;)

Apparently the pilot of this Falco ran out of fuel and crash landed in England thinking it was France...

b70dac222b5f03e94dd096cdc557baa5.jpg

please dont touch the green blobs my ocd would explode.png

BTW, I think the other Italian aircraft in the Battle of Britain were sand and spinach camo as well.

Last edited:
No you go for it Brian. I'll reign in my ocd long enough. Looking forward to the results of your efforts ;)

And here they are:

Ready of sign off on these unit graphics. If anyone has reason why these graphics and this scenario should not be joined together, let him speak now or forever hold his Paintshop Pro.
They're too young! And they have the same father! And this union would destroy our town's community! :p

No, seriously, they look awesome!

Top Bottom