Opinion: Unique Wonders

Those are great ideas for a start GigaNerd. I was mostly voicing my concern with the Moai States because I couldn't think of another country that built something impressive on a coastline in their ancient times that wasn't already a great wonder.

Also, I think the American wonder should be a later building, like say replacing the Ironworks with United States Steel. I know that America could use a bit of help earlier on, but giving them anything before the late Reneisance (however you spell it) doesn't fit.

Also, Arc-de-Triumph for the French, could replace the National Epic.

maybe even Harvard or another ivy league school for usa in place of oxford
and for Germany Brandenburg gate instead of national epic

Unique National Wonders will be introduced in the mod World of Legends, if any are interested... althuogh they can only be built by a civs' national hero unit. :)

The Brits should get two; Buckingham Palace (instead of Forbiddon Palace) and Westminster (instead of Mount Rushmore). Maybe Sandhurst could replace West Point.

National wonders are a good chaice and just alter each national wonder for each civilization.

I like the idea of UNWs, but I don't see why it should be limited to one per civ. If you can get art for 2 or more new UNWs then replace all those.

I have a horrable memory and am lucky if I can remember a single UB or UU for one or two civs/leaders. All you have to do if you don't remember if check the Civilopedia and see what UNWs go with which civ. :D

If my opinion means anything, I would think option "2" is better. Similar to how Unique buildings are done, i.e. each civ has 1 UB that replaces a different building.

I mean, if you make say, a unique forbidden palace for every civ. then you are in a sense eliminating the Forbidden palace (since every civ has a unique version of it, no-one will build the norm).

with that said. I think each civ should have a unique national wonder.

in BTS there are 34 Civs.
Including the palace (which I dont think should be replaced) there are currently 14 National Wonders,

that translates into replacing them all at least twice.

34 x 14= 476(at least. not counting non-national wonders)

I'm okay with this idea, but I'm more in in favor of one additional, completely unique, national wonder for each civ. Each civ gets the original 14 (I make it 15: I change Great Wall into a NW), but then one additional national wonder that only that civ can build; it's not a unique equivalent of a base NW.

This, however, would be a lot harder to balance than each civ having one UNW from the 14.

oh I see what your sayin' you mean create 34 completely new and unique national wonders (one for each civ). am i right?

Top Bottom