Orbis and Rife

It's not the sort-controls... they're not half bad, actually. Just a way to go from, say Civilizations to Units without having to hit top.
That's all.
Please?
I'd beg, but I've still got dignity. Somewhere.

... hang on a moment. Who nicked it.

Fair enough. I'm sure I can bear with it for now. I have done through FFH, a few more games won't kill me much more.

You might also consider the finished version of Wildmana, which still plays very fall from heavenish. I like MoM in a way, but Wildmana is still my own favorite mod and I do prefer it the most. This version is patched to 8.34, and unfortunately isn't stickied so it's hard to find if you don't know what to look for.

It's under Download and Current Changelog in the Wildmana Modmod section.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=345653

Wildmana has been very popular for a reason, so if you're looking for mods, the final version of Wildmana is really worth looking into. Many of its fans have moved on to Master of Mana, but Wildmana is still a masterpiece.

Edit: I'm not sure if the attached DLL gives you Wildmana, or if it's missing now. There must be a source somewhere.

Assuming it uses the same kind of magic/spell system as MoM... I've looked at it, it looked at me, and we decided not to do it again.
I don't like MoM for a lot of reasons. Maybe I'll try it again sometime, but it just seems overly complex in places, and I really don't like the spell system. Give me the nice, simple system in FFH, RifE, Orbis and such any day.

No, it uses fall from heaven spell system and worker mechanics. The only major mechanics that are different (that I can think of right now) are noble houses (corporations), purchasable gear for units from inns, and some unique mechanics for specific civs and for the council of esus. It's a polished version of fall from heaven, not master of mana, which is why I was suggesting it.

Doesn't sound so bad after all. I'll take a gander at it and see how I get on with it before RifE manages to sink it's hooks in me
Edit: Hmm. 404 not found. Seems we're being pushed to MoM instead.

Doesn't sound so bad after all. I'll take a gander at it and see how I get on with it before RifE manages to sink it's hooks in me
Edit: Hmm. 404 not found. Seems we're being pushed to MoM instead.

you can still find it in the official download section in civfanatics:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=14304

It is a very stable, polished and fun-to-play mod. It is as goodwill describes it... old ffh magic system, etc. new mechanics are noble houses, managuardians (+strange mana effects), pirates, ravenous dragons in the wilderness, very cool lair system, equipment and the best doviello of all modmods, followed by orbis (imho). And it uses BUG.

Changelog:

"Deep Oceans" (breaks saves)
tweaks by Graywarden
Updates to the Scions made by Tarquelne
Updates to the Sidar made by Tesb
Updates to the Sheaim made by Tesb
AI will skip bombarding cities if it greatly outnumbers enemies
fix: AI rarely gave no orders to patrols
Jotnar Giants become stronger while they age
Jotnar: Orc conscripts have no AC prereq anymore
Orthus spawns later on classical starts
Deep Oceans terrain added (made by Seven05)
Sea Monsters lurk in Deep Oceans
Storms damage ships moving through Deep Oceans
Water mana reduces damage taken from Storms in deep oceans
Only Animals in Rage give a Warning "has been spottet near X"
Only offensive ManaGuardian Minions give a "has been spottet near X" warning
AI: better use of Treants with limited Duration
Speedtweak: faster updating of Plotgroups
AI: better Stack of Doom logic
Noble Houses have Techprereqs again
Support Modifiers for House Cannith, Kundarak and Tharashk finetunde
Support of House Tharashk increases/decreases with cities captured/lost
Fix: Issue with Faeries and Commando Promotion
if player who is at peace with a barb faction joins a team (for example permanent alliance), the peace to the barbfaction will be kept.

minor bugfixes made by Graywarden
Update to the Scions made by Tarquelne
balance tweaks to population gained via conquest/raze
unique Spells for Scion Arcane line
Horned Dreads
Improved AI Surrender and Vassal tribute logic made by Till
Lanun: Boarding Promotion also allows to attack on land or across river without penalties
Fix: Jotnar will always get atleast 1 xp from combat
Fix: Zarcaz will drop his bow
Alert for Hurry Production will not show up if city has only 1 productionturn left
removed alive prereq for founding Adventurers guilds (mostly for Scions)
If destroyed by HN units or Barbarians, the Pieces of Barnaxus will spawn in the capital again.
some minor bug and art fixes
lifeward will not effect undead units
Mana bonuses cannot be traded

very rare WoC fixed
some scions fixes (thanks Tarquelne)
some minor bug and art fixes
Armageddon Counter effect of Necropolis lowered

finetuning of the Revolution mechanic, see this thread for details: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=361613
fix: jotnar citizens spawn with all buildeffects applied (like free XP from civics, etc)
some more art and minor bug fixes
merged some items/Esus miracles from Onionsoilders http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=360603
FFH modmod
more spelltweaks "made by tesb" merged to improve the interface

fix: Problem with Heroes introduced by recent bugfix
includes bugfixes from Patch 8.01-8.03

"Revolutions in Erebus"
TXT key fixes by Graywarden
Infernal AI tweaks by Skyre Noktis
Fishing loses exploration prereq
Civic Decentralization gives -10% food
Civic Agrarianism gives +10% food, no hammer penalty
Faeries: Erlkings Hunt ends after 20 turns
Revolutions
Revolution mechanic works for all Noble Houses
Capital Cities will never revolt
time between two revolts increased
Revolting Cities may join one of three different Factions (Protectors of Erebus, Traders of Erebus, Risen)
added two Warnings when Support gets Low and Revolution might happen
fix: Balseraphs Hall of Mirrors won't duplicate Equipment
added Forest Preserve Improvement: req. Hidden Paths and Ancient Forests, gives +1 commerce and happiness
More Unique Barbarians
Scorpion Clan:
clan will consist of normal Scorpion Goblins with some weaker Goblins and Scorpion Archers mixed in
Skeletons
New Improvement Necropolis, spawns Spectres
Necropolis do not spawn, Graveyards turn to Necropolis over time
Skeletons will do their best to defend Graveyards/Necropolis
Skeletons can turn specific improvements to Graveyards
Skeletons are harder to deal with when they are defending Graveyards
added Hippus Equipment made by tesb
Malakim PathToAsceticism fix
Malakim Ancient Forest fix
restored different main menus
Leader Kro Mear removed
new Calabim Leader added: Elena (good,Emergent, Greedy, Redeeming)
fix: issue with Civilopedia when accessed in an active game
New Civ added: Austrin (original from Fall Further)
added Austrin leader made by 25Hour
Austrin Ability "swap cities" added. Allows Austrin to quickly move population and buildings between two cities
fix: faerie forests won't spread underwater
fix: demagogs won't abandon in crusade. flagbearers can be build in crusade
Mazatl: Priest of Kalshekk is a tier4 unit (national limit 4 and theology prereq). Can cast "Wrath of Kashekk", medium area damage spell.
Mazatl: Worldspell also creates one Priest of Kalshekk
Spell Sanctifiy removes Haunted Lands
Spell Sanctify removes Necropolis (reduces AC by 3)
If a Graveyard upgrades to a Necropolis the AC increases by 3
the sanctify spell that adds promotion to whole stack renamed to Life Ward
living units might be haunted by nightmares in haunted lands and loose a little bit of experience
fix: Law Mastery Trait gives free Law2 instead of Law3 to rangers/champions
New Civ added: Jotnar (original from Fall Further, made by ArcticCircle). Giants who live in small villages scattered around the countryside.
Costs of Noble Houses and free Commerce from Headquarters rebalanced
Fix: display of FeatureHappiness
AI: uses SevenPines only to make peace if it fights a war against a more powerful team
Hawks cannot be rebased to non team cities
Hawks visibility range of recon Missions reduced to 3 (from 5)
AI: automation of terraforming improved. Faster, prefers to terraform tiles being worked by cities first
fix: Wall defender Promotion is reapplied every turn to archers in the city
fix: genesis issue
fix: AI adopting CIVIC_NONE at first turn
fix: AI will Group Heroes more
fix: Barbarians can't trigger seven Pines
added version 2.64 of Erebuscontinents mapscript (made by Seven05)

Greez,

Tschuggi

Ahm... yeah. I tried that. All that's available from there is two links to the CVGameCore dll download. Both Download DB entires still 404 on me.

I could just be being dense and missing something.

I've started looking into the modmods.

Wild Mana, which if I'm not mistaken is now Master of Mana (someone please confirm?) I managed to get completely put off by for now because of the separate spell-research tree. Maybe I'll give it a second look another time (It has BUG, which the others don't) but for now, I'm leaving.

I like all the modmods for FF2, however they all crash on me after awhile :mad:

I have a nice computer, that isn't the problem, and have read many other people having similar issues. It's nice to have all these new features, but the crashing (and WoC) ruin it for me. If you run into this problem, then I recommend trying other mods like RoM A New Dawn or something more stable (at least for me). FF2 mod is stable, except the latest patch needs a new patch to address some more issues.

So far only FFH w/patch 'O' has crashed on me, and then only when attempting to load certain scenarios.
That said, FFH has been all I've played up until lately where I've started experimenting with modmods. So far, none of them have crashed yet - but its early days.
(Slightly OT: If anything, having a 64-bit system is more of an annoyance to me than insufficiant resources. Can't even get Civ II to install on it, let alone good old Civ I to work without Dosbox)

So far only FFH w/patch 'O' has crashed on me, and then only when attempting to load certain scenarios.
That said, FFH has been all I've played up until lately where I've started experimenting with modmods. So far, none of them have crashed yet - but its early days.
(Slightly OT: If anything, having a 64-bit system is more of an annoyance to me than insufficiant resources. Can't even get Civ II to install on it, let alone good old Civ I to work without Dosbox)

They are always stable in the early days ;)

Perhaps I should reinstall win7 32 bit instead of 64.

I disagree on that. RifE, for the most part, uses the bog-standard pedia, which is unintuitive, clunky, and difficult to navigate. Sevopedia, on the other hand makes it easy to navigate between sections without having to go back to the top-level view, something that's very irritating.

Even a third drop-down combobox that lists each of the other sections when not in top-level view would be an improvement. *Any* way that means I don't have to keep hitting top to go to another section is better.

But until something like that, I want my Sevopedia back.
(And the Promotions/Unit Upgrades trees)

Promotion and Unit upgrade trees would be rather nightmarish in FfH or any modmods for it. The interplay of units is just too complex now. Hundreds of units are the "base" unit for their own "tree" and many of them don't ever upgrade at all. Some units can upgrade into multiple pathways. Some units can be upgraded TO from multiple base units. Some units have different upgrade pathways for their UU replacements than for their basic unit type....

Top Bottom