Orcs

New red-skinned version of Orc series added.

Hey Nomad, I'm sorely tempted to use the red-skinned Orc Maceman for the Kishin in my Oni Clans mod... but I was wondering if it would be possible to request a couple of minor tweaks to the model? Not sure how difficult it would be, or how much you have on your plate...

Hey Nomad, I'm sorely tempted to use the red-skinned Orc Maceman for the Kishin in my Oni Clans mod... but I was wondering if it would be possible to request a couple of minor tweaks to the model? Not sure how difficult it would be, or how much you have on your plate...

PM me with your request and I will let you know if I can handle it :).

If only the red warrior had a pitchfork and a tail... what a perfect little devil!

That's not really a request. I'm just thinking out loud.

Thank you for creating the orc archers. Finally I can change the last units to my Mod's with your models. :goodjob:

Nomad, will you add the orc voices to the other orc units as well?

Eventually; if anyone is interested in doing it themselves you simply need to replace the "VOX" entries in the .ftsxml triggers file with the respective Orc VOX (e.g. AS3D_UNIT_ORC_FORTIFY_VOX_A for fortify).

The Maceman looks great as the Orcish hero in my mod, although I found a problem with its animation: after moving to a new location, he keeps his weapon up, and, after a second or so, suddenly there is a "quantum leap" to a state where the weapon is down, without any frames in-between. It would be nice if you can look at it, as I know next to nothing about the unit animations.

The Maceman looks great as the Orcish hero in my mod, although I found a problem with its animation: after moving to a new location, he keeps his weapon up, and, after a second or so, suddenly there is a "quantum leap" to a state where the weapon is down, without any frames in-between. It would be nice if you can look at it, as I know next to nothing about the unit animations.

The Maceman uses CiV Longswordsman animations; it is a simple rig. Any anomolies in the animation more than likely occur with the original CiV Longswordsman animation as well. I'm afraid there is not much I can do with it. :sad:

I checked the Longswordsman unit, and I didn't notice this effect - they move the weapon down normally. Also when testing the Orc Maceman I noticed another anomaly: sometimes it "slides" instead of using the movement animation... could it have something to do with the fact that I made it a single figure unit?

Edit: I made more tests, with Longswordsmen and the Orc Maceman as a multi-figure unit. The "sliding" issue happens with Longswordsmen too, so it seems to be Firaxis' fault, but the leap when moving the weapon down doesn't happen to them, only to Orc Macemen. Of course it's not a big deal for me, I can live with it :)

There is an animation in every unit set called stop_run_idleb.gr2 or something like that. It has units stop in their idleb pose rather than their idlea pose - the longswordsman's idleb holding the sword low. It seems that the Orc Maceman is just having trouble playing that animation at the right time for some reason - it happens occasionally in even vanilla civ5 that some animations play or don't play at odd times, but seems to happen a bit more often with custom units. I guess this is just one manifestation of that.

I got some shirts on those Orc settlers :)

If anyone's interested, here are the 3 dds files for the orc females, with shirts added

Attachments

• Orc Settler Female Skins.7z
    31.6 KB · Views: 212
Top Bottom