OSG5 - Paranoid Communists

I decided to turn Espionage on against the Meklars, it might be futile but we might as well try, right? We could actually have a little luck with it.

We did break through on BC III. Only choice is ISS.

NO FREAKING WAY!!! We actually get to steal off the Meklars! All fields were availiable. I go with Computers and get BC V, and actually get to frame someone (Silicoids or Klackons) I selected the Klackons.

Election time. Meklars and Silicoids again. I can't vote for our Meklar friend, so I abstain.

Otherwise, a pretty uneventful set of turns. Here's to making the capitalist scum pay :beer:

Attachments

• SAVE4.zip
    14.5 KB · Views: 95
Maniac
Catwalk
Dathon
Zed
Prudence Moon < Just played
Captain Bob <<< UP NOW
d0om < On Deck

Haven't seen anything from Captain Bob in a while. You out there, Bob?

Bob's 24 hrs to post got it are today, so d0om, if he doesn't get it today, can you get it tomorrow?

Comrades,
I am afraid that I must withdraw from this glorious game, one of the reasons being due to lack of time, and additional unworthiness/fitness- d00m is a far superior commander, and should pick up well. I made numerous mistakes, such as failing to uphold even the most basic of succession game rules, the ten-turn limit, and also various weak strategical decisions. This is truly for the best-my lack of skill would damage our government.

-Bob

Just checking back in, good to see we are still standing :salute:

Regarding espionage, I think it's ok (little late considering we already did it, but I wanted to chime in anyway :rolleyes:) No paranoid government would want another to have unknown, superior technology, so trying to steal their secrets makes sense to me.

@Bob: Sorry to see you go! I hope your decision is more based on the time factor than your perception of your abilities. The turn-limit thing takes a little bit to get used to, so don't sweat that. Besides, there have been several mistakes with the rules (myself included!!). I think I speak for everyone when I say the ultimate goal is to have fun and explore; if we win, great, if not, we've learned something. So if you think you do have the time, I'd like to see you stay, but if RL is rearing its ugly head, we understand that too :)

dathon

Captain Bob, sorry to see you go. I hope you don't feel pressured out or anything; you'd be welcome back for a later SG. Don't flog yourself too mercilessly, I didn't think your supposed mistakes were really all that serious. ;) No cries of weed here! I think we went a bit overboard on the challenge level this time around. The next one should hopefully not be quite so unforgiving!

ok, downloaded the save, I'll try to play it tonight :)

Yay for the steal and framing :)

2450:
We seem to be at peace at the moment. We have no fleet to speak of. Missile bases are a more usefull investment for the long term so that is good.

Research is our current priority, but why research when our friends the Meklars allready have plenty of secrets which they will be happy to "share" with us.

Increase espionage spending. Each spy after the first is double the previous price, so it isn't efficent to spend too much. Also each spy has a chance of confessing which depends on their security spending. If a spy confesses then we get no chance to steal anything. I will try to maintain 2 or 3 spies each year. (Bear in mind this isn't neccessary optimum, I just pulled this number out of my arse.)

2451:
Meklars caught one of our spies, they don't seem to mind unless they catch them stealing something. Transfered reserves to Lenin.

2452:
Spy down again, but we will be back to two next year. More money transfered to research on Lenin.

2453:
Transfered more money to Lenin, Advanced Construction 7 at 1%.
----------------
Infiltration! Computers isn't on the list of available techs. All the others are. As the Meklar have no cleanup tech I go for construction hoping for reduced industrial waste. Reduced Industrial Waste 80%! More money for the empire.

Not to be outdone, Our own scientists breakthrough with Industrial Tech 7. I choose Industrial tech 6. Only other option was 6.

A Plauge strikes Kholdan! Those Klackon's aren't going to be happy.

And the Melkar contact us. They aren't happy about the espionage.

After they leave the silicoids contact us! They aren't very friendly. Have to see waht our spies can make of them.
-----------------

2454:
I alocate funds to spy on the silicoids. They are Xenophobic Expansionists. Force fields have hit 1%, with some luck it will hit next turn. FUnds transfered to Lenin as usual.

-----------------
Meklar Declare war on us (again.)
-----------------

2455:
I divert funding to Weapons. We will be needing the Hyper-X missiles to penertrate shields. Missile base construction is stepped up.

2456:
Funding is increased on forcefields and propulsion slightly, computers/construction/planetology still have priority.
-----------------
The Silicoids ask for 75BC of trade. Capitlist Scum! We reject of course.

2457:
Transfer money to Lenin. No incoming hostile fleets as yet. I hope that the Meklar are too busy to bother with us. They are currently at war with the Sakkra.
----------------
Census:
1.Meklar
2.Silicoid
3.Darlok
4.Klackon
5,Sakkra
looks like we aren't doing too badly compared to some!

2458:
Still no sign of incoming fleets from the Meklar. Their declaration of war was probably a act to their people for popularity. A stunt us communists would never stoop too. A nemisis(large) and devastator(huge) are parked at Whynil nearby.
-----------------
We get a steal on the Silicoids. All branches are open. I take computer. We get Advanced Space Scanner! and a frame! I frame the Meklars. We explore a lot of planets with the new technology. Meklar send their fleet to Paladia. An Annihilator(huge) is send to Quayal. This could be bad.

2459:
Spending on Def at Quayal is maxed. A new ship is designed at Moscow armed with Heavy Lasers and set to relocate to Quayal.
------------------
Inconcievable! Meklar spies destroy 4 missile bases on Quayal.

2460:
Good luck to the new leader!

Attachments

• SAVE7.zip
    14.6 KB · Views: 109
How much was being spent on defensive spying? I have seen more than 4 lost, so inconceivable is not the word I would use. Nasty, sad, ugly and others works though.

@ Bob - I hope you are still reading this and following along. I'm pretty sure I speak for everyone here when I say we're sorry to see you go. The reason we're in this hole, quite frankly, is we did 2 games worth of varient rules in one game :lol: It had absolutely NOTHING to do with your skill level, I promise you.

@ doom et. al. - Raise your hand if you didn't expect the meklars to catch us and declare war soon :lol: Even if the meklars wipe us out, we still HAD to try to catch up. Just rotten luck they caught us this fast.

@vxma - I doubit we're spending any. We ARE the darloks. With the pitiful state of our econ.... *shudder*

Wow, I guess this makes me up... I'll see if I cant get 10 turns in tonite or in the morning.

- Maniac

Yeah I know you are not spending any, I know you don't have any to spend, not even sure if your rules would allow it, that is my point. No def, little tech Vs their decent tech, spies have better odds.

Varient rules would allow it, but drowning in taxation makes it unadvisable. I'm amazed we've gotten as many breakthroughs vs the meklars as we have considering their tech lead. I'm not going to get to this soon. I'm stuck an extra day out of town and I don't have my moo machine (my old labtop I took back from prudence now that shes got a new desktop) with me.

Todd, were you asking for a skip, or an extension? I got the impression it was the latter. Are you planning to play your turn in the next day or so?

If we don't hear from Maniac by tomorrow, you might as well go ahead Catwalk.

Well, I asked her to post that because I was *sure* I could get to it last night.... I can definately, for sure, play tonite (in like 12 hours), but if it fits catwalks plans to play sooner, go ahead and I'll play after him. Sorry for the holdup.

- Maniac

Top Bottom