Ottoman Expansion

theeternalcowby

Chieftain
So I'm playing as the Ottomans for the first time in RFC europe, and have almost completed the the second historical goal, having almost wrestled Egypt from the Spanish. However, I have a question about the expansion stability for the Ottomans.

Egypt is solid, but anything west of Egypt is completely unstable?? So that means I cannot expand further west across north africa without suffering penalties? Yet, at its greatest extent, the Ottoman Empire spanned all the way to modern Algeria....

So was this an ahistorical developmental choice? If so does anyone know why it was decided to curb ottoman expansion? Same goes for Wallachia and the area around the northwest corner of the black sea, which were parts of the empire as well. Though part of Wallachia was a tributary state, so is that why it is unstable? that still doesnt make sense though.

I just want to conquer the world!

Because if the ottomans would control all of their empire at the height of their power, they would win a conquest victory. A few versions ago the ottoman AI did that all the time, which was really annoying.
Also, just because an area is unstable for you doesn't mean you can't conquer it: you just have to be more careful.

Proper buildup can let you conquer huge swaths of land- I've had a Germany that ran from the Pyrenees to Russia including Northern Italy and the British Isles.

In my RFCE experience the two easiest countries to overexpand are Muscovy and Ottoman. Kievan would be a guess, as I never completed a game with them.

Both of them gain a substantial value of Stability if you make things right. Get Militarism and spam all your country with stability boost buildings. You will probably get lots of stability points and nowhere to conquer. Last game with Muscovy (Beta 13), I completed the 2nd UHV (Get 20% of the Land) with something around 60 Stability. In the end I had over 100, but I couldn't attack Germany nor Turkey, so I had to keep to myself and Scandinavia.

If you do it right, you will get all Anatolia, Levant, North Africa, Mediterranean isles, South Ukraine, Greece, Bulgaria, Macedonia, Dalmatia, Croacia, Serbia, Thrace, Constantinople, Hungary and in the end Vienna with lots of stability points remaining to spend. Tricky in the Ottoman Game is to face so many wars at once to accomplish UHVs 1 and 2. The rest is easy.

Example: My Justinian Empire

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0013.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0013.JPG
    150.8 KB · Views: 1,195
Top Bottom