Out of sync error resurfaces - 3.17

AfterShafter

Deity
Well, been playing some multiplayer BTS since the patch and my old friend the OOS error is back - for me, anyways. That's Windows XP, BTS, 3.17, direct IP connection. Just wondering, is anyone else getting OOS errors in multiplayer? I've tried applying the old fixes, which worked last patch, and no luck. Am I going to have to roll back? Anyone have any ideas, or is there any more information I could provide? Thanks.

PS - this is the old thread on the subject which had the fix I tried.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=245933&page=4

out of sync errors are definitely on the way up after the new patch came in.it ruined a great game for me today.

I dunno if SyncLog (in the .ini) makes any difference or not, something I recently set to 0 - since the LogFile would accumulate to 4+Gigs when the game is left running.

But if you have SyncLog = 0, and are getting OOS... I'd try setting it to 1, and see if that makes any difference. I believe mine was always on - when I play Warlords MP... I've never had an OOS error. Unless OOS is just a BTS MP issue.

Are you using random events? I never got random events to work with MP in 3.13. Always got immediate OOS errors. It would truly be disappointing if they didn't fix this in 3.17...

I'm having the same problem. I had the OOS error after the 3.13 patch and had to turn off random events. Things went fine until the new patch. Now we are getting OOS errors again. I'm wishing now I hadn't patched at all. :( Help!

We are playing direct IP.

I was glad that they fixed the Random events for online play. I have only gotten a few OOS errors since 3.17, but I don't think that they are related to events.

Once the OOS error pops up, just save, exit and start it over if possible. It's annoying, but it doesn't need to ruin your day.

Same problem. Same configuration as original poster - Windows XP, BTS, 3.17, direct IP connection.

Restarting doesn't always work. We had a couple games that would get the OOS error in the same spot regardless of which save we reloaded from.

We are getting this alot lately too.
Ever sense we updated to latest patch.
Is there a fix coming out for it?
Running Vista64 Ult.

Top Bottom