Outlaw King - Robert the Bruce Strategies on Deity

Fluphen Azine

What is Fluphen Azine?
I noticed that Outlaw King debuts today in Select Theaters and on Netflix.
I haven't seen it but the preview got me a little hyped.
This thread is to share any Robert the Bruce strategies that you all enjoy playing on Deity.
I haven't played this Civ that much but I usually play them all the same.
I would like to change that a bit and play more to the Civs style.
Anyone care to share some of the best strategies to use with this Civ?

Two things I remember being conscientious about doing with Robert was always pairing cities so the three tiles between them could have a golfcourse, entertainment district, golfcourse. That way I didn't have to overbuild EDs and I got the most out of my golf courses. I build campuses in every city and I even did IZs because his UA nets you so many GEs and GSs. The IZs are optional though since they're not generally viewed as a very useful district. Highlanders seem relatively useless but all the other characteristics are so awesome. He's definitely geared toward SV but science advantages can help pretty much any VC. Just my two cents.

Its not a civ that I found strong on deity, the bonuses part from GS just are not enough.The ecstatic +2 GS in a city is great so manage your Lux's and city size well. Get to defensive tactics ASAP and use the liberation war declarations wether or no you intend to liberate. The main issue is that normally by the time you get to defensive tactics the CS have all gone so you then have to choose your allies well. It's another vanilla civ that suffers from the deity penalty combined with the diplomatic visibility penalty/ies and gets little in return.

Top Bottom