Allies Turn 47
The war heats up again...

-Port at Bremen destroyed
-Port at Wilhelmshaven destroyed
-Fuel refinery near Bremen attacked but clouds obscure the target
-Aircraft factory near Denmark attacked but isn’t destroyed
-Rottum AFB bombed and an Me110 is destroyed
-Port at Nantes destroyed but a B-17 is crippled by heavy defenses
-Factory at Nantes attacked, a B-17 is crippled and B-24 is destroyed. Factory survives.
-B-24 crashes in Swansea
-Shore battery destroyed in Normandy.
-Dive bombers destroy factory at Lille
-Dive bombers destroy fuel refinery at Brussels but lose 2 fighters to flak
-Schiphol AFB is attacked. A 3.7cm flak, photo recon aircraft, and Me110 are destroyed on the ground.
-U-Boat destroyed in Irish Sea.

Attachments

• AlliesTurn47.zip
    129 KB · Views: 163
@McMonkey I noticed you posted in your Axis thead awhile ago and I'm just checking to see if you meant to post a save as well? I imagine all the engine fumes over Holland might cause you to forget =) If you're still working through all the targets, no worries, but just thought I'd check.

I'm curious if I'll have any survivors to work with!

Sorry for the delay. I had a long & demanding day at work due to bad weather & didn't have the required focus to deal with the aerial component of the turn. I'll get the turn finished in the morning when I can give it my full attention. The aircraft engine noised over the Dutch coast has definitely grabbed my attention. I just couldn't focus and would rather play it when I'm fresh than try & rush through the turn & make a pigs ear of things. Decided to watch a few episodes of Ozark with the Mrs instead. Have you seen this series on Netflix? It's not quite Breaking Bad but it's pretty close. Definitely worth a watch if you enjoyed the latter. Time to hit the hay now.

:sleep:

Axis Turn 47

Sorry about the delay. I'd been staring at a screen almost constantly for 12 hours at work and just couldn't focus. Much more enjoyable with my morning coffee! :coffee:

Swansea is hit with a night raid and two Urban areas are destroyed with another badly damaged.

One B24 at low altitude shot down off Cornwall. One B17 shot down over Nantes.

South-east of Cherbourg one B24 & one A26 shot down with one P47 badly damaged.

One P47 shot down over Cormielles Airbase. Three B24s shot down over Bremen and four more near Eggebek Airbase in Denmark.

Five P47 Thunderbolts shot down near Brussels.

On the night map one Halifax is shot down by Me110s over Rottum Airbase. Over Holland three Lancasters are shot down by Flak & Night Fighters with one more severely damaged. The bulk of the RAF formation remains unmolested for now.

Attachments

• AxisTurn47.7z
    109.3 KB · Views: 157
Allies Turn 48
-No worries about the delay, I just wanted to make sure you hadn't posted in your Axis thread where I'd never see it :) I have not seen Ozarks but I think my wife was watching it for awhile. Perhaps I'll check it out!

-3x He111 destroyed by Beaufighters with a 4th badly damaged
-1x Ju88C and 2x Me110 destroyed, another damaged by Intruder aircraft
-Deelen AFB attacked with no result
-Rottum AFB attacked and a Fw190 from Wilde Sau destroyed on the ground
-Essen attacked but nothing yet destroyed
-Cherbourg bombed to no effect

Attachments

• AlliesTurn48.zip
    128.9 KB · Views: 150
AxisTurn 48

Over Holland four Beaufighters are shot down.

Over the Ruhr & Northern Germany four Beaufighters, two Halifax and two Lancasters are shot down with another nine heavy bombers seriously damaged.

Apologies that the pace has slowed this week. After my long weekend shifts I have three 14-23 shifts and no time after work to play, just the morning which tends to fly by. I'm off work on Thursday but will be busy preparing for my annual skiing trip but should be able to play a few more turns per day until Saturday. I'm then off to Italy for a week's skiing in the beautiful Dolomites, including a tour of the WW1 frontlines. Just to keep you in the loop. This game is well established now so a weeks break shouldn't cause any major problems.

Attachments

• AxisTurn48.7z
    108.2 KB · Views: 143
Oh, by the way. I used the cheat menu to temporarily boost up my fuel by 1000 at the start of my turn, before removing it after the initial city production cycle. I thought I had plenty of Fuel but one of my flight schools was deleted which seems unfair. I will ensure I keep a much larger surplus in future to avoid such issues. I hope this is acceptable.

I'm not opposed to it so long as it was simple human error but if we get to a point where my actions cause your fuel shortages, flight schools would absolutely shut down, right? (I.e. if you just spent too much the turn before by accident, then no problem. If I reach a point where I've destroyed enough refineries then it should go).

I have a busy day today so I won't play until later. I can be more available Friday if you are. Your skiing trip is at an opportune time as the first week of the month tends to be my busiest at work. Enjoy yourself!!

Allied Turn 49
-The Ruhr comes under very heavy attack with 6 urban centers destroyed, with a further one damaged. 7 bombers lost to defensive flak fire.
-Cherbourg attacked to no real effect
-Panzer attacked near St. Nazaire with no real effect

Attachments

• AlliesTurn49.zip
    128.5 KB · Views: 109
I'm not opposed to it so long as it was simple human error but if we get to a point where my actions cause your fuel shortages, flight schools would absolutely shut down, right? (I.e. if you just spent too much the turn before by accident, then no problem. If I reach a point where I've destroyed enough refineries then it should go).

I totally agree. In this instance, I believed I had plenty of fuel in reserve and after the engine had cycled through my cities I had twice as much fuel, so I don't really understand where I was in deficit. I wonder if there is a formula to work out at what point there will be a lack of funds so I can ensure I have more than the minimum required each turn in reserve? At least now I have an idea of the figure not to go below, but it would be nice to know for certain where the line is as a flight school is not a cheap improvement to replace.

Axis Turn 49

Over the Ruhr seven Lancasters & nine Halifax shot down. One Lancaster seriously damaged over the coast of Holland.

P47 shot down off Brittany and one Freighter sunk in the Bristol channel.

Attachments

• AxisTurn49.7z
    107.7 KB · Views: 68
Allies Turn 50
-An embarrassing, national disgrace of a U-Boat hanging out in the Bristol Channel is sunk
-FW190 that was apparently on patrol is shot down east of England
-Cherbourg attacked to no real effect – a few units wounded but nothing destroyed

Attachments

• AlliesTurn50.zip
    128.4 KB · Views: 137
I totally agree. In this instance, I believed I had plenty of fuel in reserve and after the engine had cycled through my cities I had twice as much fuel, so I don't really understand where I was in deficit. I wonder if there is a formula to work out at what point there will be a lack of funds so I can ensure I have more than the minimum required each turn in reserve? At least now I have an idea of the figure not to go below, but it would be nice to know for certain where the line is as a flight school is not a cheap improvement to replace.

Garfield figured this out in one of the OTR threads - basically the game goes through each city one at a time to check and see if it can fund the city by taking the funds in the bank + the income from the city and then checking against (I believe) the cost of the city. It's a stupid mechanism if you ask me and I'd be perfectly fine with you calculating what your break even point is and then just gifting yourself that amount of funds and pretending it is your new 0. You might eventually decide that you want more 262 sorties (at 50 fuel a piece) than flight schools and you'll close them voluntarily at that point. I don't think it makes any sense that they get ripped from you when you actually have enough funds and the game just checks it in this stupid fashion.

I should be able to avoid this by keeping a healthy fuel surplus in reserve each turn. I realise this is a risk when the treasury is nearly empty and there will be a shortfall while the cities are calculated but I just thought I had plenty in reserve to cover it. It is a silly mechanism but one I'm not paying more attention to.

Will play in an hour or two.

That's fine. Whatever solution will work for you will work for me. You can give yourself more funds, or just fix it as it occurs.

Axis Turn 50

Had to use the cheat again this turn but I should be fine next time. I just added 1000 fule before running the start of my turn and then subtracted it afterwards. I just wish I knew how to calculate the minimum fuel I need to leave in reserve so as to avoid the AI selling off improvements. At the moment I'm just guessing.

Over Holstein two B17s are crippled and one is badly damaged. This major raid was anticipated but always comes as a shock.

Attachments

• AxisTurn50.7z
    108 KB · Views: 118
Allies Turn 51
-Aircraft factory in Holstein destroyed
-Aircraft factory near Bremen destroyed
-Factory in Kiel destroyed
-A second factory in Kiel destroyed
-Factory at Luebeck destroyed
-Cologne attacked but not destroyed
-Aircraft factory near Regensburg attacked but not destroyed
-2 B-17G damaged in these attacks

-Cherbourg heavily attacked – damage to several units and 1x Schutzen is destroyed.

This was a very large raid - I think 39 bombers to start. You did destroy the entire Bomber Command raid and I'm curious to see how many of these bombers, if any, I can get back and forth to target. I'm hoping that the night raid drew your forces away via Wilde Sau but of course that jig is up now and we still need to get home.

Attachments

• AlliesTurn51.zip
    130.1 KB · Views: 129
As to your issue with the improvements being sold, why not just gift yourself whatever your current costs are and call that your new zero? It seems like any other solution is a needless pain for you.

Axis Turn 51

Two B24s shot down near Munich. Three Lancasters shot down around the Ruhr. Over Northern Germany ten B17s are shot down and many others are crippled. There still remains many fully operational though!

Attachments

• AxisTurn51.7z
    110 KB · Views: 92
Top Bottom