Over the Reich - McMonkey vs. JPetroski

Axis Turn 42

Over Kiel/Lubeck nine B17s are shot down and several others are either damaged or crippled.

North of Paris three B24s, two P47s and one P38 shot down. I may have lost an Me109 but I'm not certain.

Four Halifax shot down over the Ruhr.

B17 crippled by Flak over Amsterdam.

Attachments

• AxisTurn42.7z
    116.9 KB · Views: 124
Allies Turn 43
-Port at Luebeck attacked and though it takes a ridiculous amount of bombs it is destroyed
-Port at Bremen attacked but not destroyed
-Port at Nantes attacked but not destroyed
-Aircraft factory near Bremen attacked but not destroyed
-Large air battle over France. 4x Fw190 destroyed in the air and 6x Fw190 destroyed on the ground at Cormeilles

I am uploading a correction to the rules that caused a crash (I had a technology using itself as a prerequisite).

Attachments

• Allies43plusRules.zip
    148.6 KB · Views: 140
On the topic of special targets and the Ruhr dams, special target units are removed for the German turn, until they are attacked. Since Chastise has multiple targets, they are all revealed to the Germans (i.e. no longer removed and replaced) once one is attacked. So, they won't appear in the defence minister report.

As for the location of the dams, one option is to mark them on the low altitude daylight map, which I presume won't have an associated cloud bug. Another option would be to use one of our spare unit slots as a 'dam' unit to be placed at the appropriate location (re-create it if destroyed, with a message that ordinary bombs don't do much damage to dams, or something).

Axis Turn 43

Over Bremen two B17s shot down and one crippled.

Over Lubeck one B17 shot down and two crippled.

Over Hamburg one B17 shot down.

Over Cormielles two B24s shot down by light Flak.

Over Paris one P38 shot down by Flak88.

Over Nantes/St. Nazaire three B24s shot down plus one more over the Bay of Biscay.

Attachments

• AxisTurn43.7z
    116.6 KB · Views: 145
Allies Turn 44
-Schiphol AFB attacked but without effect
-Fighter-bombers attack Longueau AFB and Cormeilles AFB, destroying radar and 3.7cm flak
-Refinery at Rostock attacked but not destroyed

Attachments

• AlliesTurn44.zip
    135.2 KB · Views: 105
Nevermind - you uploaded the right turn but named it wrong. You'll get a chance at the Allies later if you want! :)

Allies Turn 45
-Me110 destroyed on the ground at Ophoven AFB
-Tournai AFB strafed with no effect
-Port at Nantes attacked but not destroyed
-Pocking AFB is bombed and a few aircraft are damaged

I'll most likely have to play later this evening again, but I'll be around all weekend.

Attachments

• AlliesTurn45.zip
    127.7 KB · Views: 144
Axis Turn 45

One B24 shot down over Nantes and another over the Bay of Biscay.

Two damaged B17s shot down off the coast of Denmark.

One B24 shot down near Rotterdam.

A B24 of 15th AF shot down near Pocking Airbase in Southern Germany.

One P38 Lightning shot down by heavy Flak near Lille.

Attachments

• AxisTurn45.7z
    111.3 KB · Views: 141
Turn 46
-Rottum AFB is bombed – 1 photo recon aircraft and 1 Me110 are destroyed
-Port at Nantes bombed but not destroyed
-88mm destroyed near Lille
-Tournai attacked and some units damaged but not destroyed

Attachments

• AlliesTurn46.zip
    128.7 KB · Views: 147
I'm a little confused over the Operation Chastise event mechanics still. This turn I got two messages. One talking about 'Due to the recent destruction of the Ruhr valley Dams a trainload of supplies has been diverted...' and 'We suffered a moderate setback last night as the Allies managed to destroy several Dams.

I had some of these messages a few turns ago when you destroyed two of the three.

The 3rd Dam has vanished now but not due to enemy action as far as I can tell. I saved the game at the start of my turn & tried loading your save again & got the exact same outcome.

Looking at the ReadMe it would indicate that Germany should receive 5000 fuel for protecting the dams. I'm a bit confused about what's going on here.

Last edited:
Operation Chastise was a success for the Allies; we did as well as they did historically with 2 dams destroyed, so you will not receive a bonus. With that said, I do not receive the maximum benefit as you did successfully prevent me from achieving maximum success.

The damage was removed because the event time is over. To be honest with you I'm not sure on which turn you're supposed to lose your 5 trains (right when the same was destroyed or now at the end of the wvent).

The reason you got the new message was basically to let you know the event is over and to remind you of what happened.

Sounds good. I'm glad you are bringing this stuff up. There's so much going on in the scenario and the readme, at least, needs some tweaks.

The trains "lost" because of Chastise are lost as they are produced. The next 5 times a train should be produced by a city, you'll get a message explaining that the trains were diverted from air defence to dam repair, and be informed of how many other trains will be diverted before regular production resumes. I believe I made it so that trains begin being diverted as soon as the second dam is destroyed (but there is a chance I made it begin the turn after so that you'd get the message explaining about the lost dam first). If the third dam was destroyed, you would have lost 10 more trains, so good job protecting it.

@McMonkey , do you have any suggestions for a clearer way of doing this? Would it be less confusing if you only received the message once? Or perhaps only after the 5 turns are over?

Axis Turn 46

Over Nantes two P47 Thunderbolts & one B24 shot down.

Off the coast of Denmark one B17 straggler hunted down.

B24 formation spotted north-west of Denmark. One shot down and another seriously damaged.

A B24 is shot down over Tournai airbase but the negligent pilot forgot to check for covering fighters & was bounced.

I'm not sure of the best way to deal with the historical events text in game. I would just elaborate on the mechanics in the ReadMe.

Attachments

• AxisTurn46.zip
    165 KB · Views: 144
Top Bottom